Centrefire LBP?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

GlockworkOrange
Home club or Range: Parkstone Gun Club

Re: Centrefire LBP?

#11 Post by GlockworkOrange »

As mentioned it would really have to be a locked-breech design with a gas system. There are ways of holding a short-recoil operated pistol shut on firing but I think they would be too easy to convert back. The Desert Eagle could theoretically have its gas port removed to render it single-shot, but it's such a large handgun it wouldn't be much more than a novelty. I would like to see how they plan on making the Chiappa a manual repeater since it's got a delayed blowback system from what I understand.
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#12 Post by poll007 »

JammyGuns wrote:
Actually were these even made and brought here in the end, or is this just an old ad for something that never was?
They haven't made an appearance yet though Valmont does post about them every few months still to get people on the waiting lists-though I'm unsure if it will ever happen.

More recently he has started posting about an LBP desert eagle which i imagine will work much like Glockwork suggests above. however he has been asking people what calibre they would buy and said they will only have the R&D funds for one suggesting that would be a long way off (though i have seen similar posted by other RFDs) though it would probably be in .357 for ammo availability.
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#13 Post by J4mes »

Thanks for the replies fellas, interesting reading.

I think it was a Desert Eagle I'd seen mentioned.

:good:
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#14 Post by bradaz11 »

the deagle went dead in the water as peopel aren't interested in the 5k+ price tag, supposedly the guy behind it was following the ppost and got annoyed. not clear if at valmont for misleading him that we would be all over it, or at people for not wanting to pay even 1k for a pistol.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#15 Post by poll007 »

bradaz11 wrote:the deagle went dead in the water as people aren't interested in the 5k+ price tag, supposedly the guy behind it was following the post and got annoyed. not clear if at valmont for misleading him that we would be all over it, or at people for not wanting to pay even 1k for a pistol.
I remember the post though I can't find it now (though i notice a lot of stuff seems to get deleted of the Valmont page if people have any criticism).

If you want a gun to be popular with mainstream shooters in the UK i feel you need to get it down to about the £700 mark-hence why anything by GSG seems to do alright-cheap enough that it cam be just for fun-could be used more seriously if you put the effort in with aftermarket parts. The same goes for things like the 15/22 and more recently it sounds like the .22lr kriss vector clones have a lot of people interested in them as they aren't terribly expensive (when i heard they were coming over I expected £1k easily-but thankfully no.)
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#16 Post by J4mes »

Ah fair enough, yeh £1k is the absolute tops I'd pay for a novelty, like my AK for example.

I'm gonna need to see a cabinet full of guns for £5k, as I'm not a serious shooter with rifles or pistols - just a plinker really while the driven game is out of season!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#17 Post by bradaz11 »

what? you mean you don't want to buy this fantastic, super dooper rare - honest- absolute lovely massed produced gun, for 5 times the price?? but its so uncommon!

then also tries to massively undervalue anything you want to give him to sell, yet the version already for sale is like 3 times that....
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Sim G
Past Supporter

#18 Post by Sim G »

Valmont operates from a cupboard underneath his stairs. He keeps little stock and orders when he has orders...

And that’s about the nicest thing I can say about him.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#19 Post by TattooedGun »

Sim G wrote:Valmont operates from a cupboard underneath his stairs. He keeps little stock and orders when he has orders...

And that’s about the nicest thing I can say about him.
plus1

and personally, I think you are being kind...
Newsportshooter

#20 Post by Newsportshooter »

I dont know if they do them but a .22wmr LBP would be a nice.