Novelist Seeking Gun Assistance

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Novelist Seeking Gun Assistance

#71 Post by Sim G »

Blow back pistols have an ability to chuck cases far further than you’d ever imagine! I had a PP in the late 80s, those little .32 cases were a bollox to find and generally 30 feet behind!!

But as an aside, they were nothing compared to H&K ejected cases!! The P7 could throw them as far behind you as the target was in front!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#72 Post by bradaz11 »

commenting as I read...
shanghai knife? would it not just be a FS?

maybe say something about the two 1910's being of different caliber, or he inspected them to see what caliber they are? maybe he pulls the mag to check its a 7 rounder not 6 for the 380 version.

"He should have bought his own gun" brought?

" but an evening reconnoiter might supply an enhanced impression of neighborly attendance or otherwise." found this sentence really hard to take in.

i think i would say something about the click or snap, not "nothing happened" that makes it sound like, well nothing happens. I also would turn the gun to the left when racking it, the instinct is to look at it as you rack and to see if a cartridge fed into the chamber or if it comes out etc. it has an extractor so would still come out if turned.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#73 Post by bradaz11 »

Sim G wrote:
But as an aside, they were nothing compared to H&K ejected cases!! The P7 could throw them as far behind you as the target was in front!!
tell me about it, the buggers go everywhere! but you can always tell which was the brass from the p7 by the toothed carbon marks round the case
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Union St

#74 Post by Union St »

Thanks guys. The English is lazy because it will be re-written a dozen times, but I'm generally on point with the guns.
Union St

#75 Post by Union St »

I like the FS knife, but isn't it a bit too long to comfortably hide?