Novelist Seeking Gun Assistance

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Union St

Re: Novelist Seeking Gun Assistance

#61 Post by Union St »

Thank you so much. Mist, anyway I might e able to see a 1962 Guns Review? PDF maybe?
MistAgain

#62 Post by MistAgain »

Union St wrote:Thank you so much. Mist, anyway I might e able to see a 1962 Guns Review? PDF maybe?
Will dig up the earliest copies I can find .
Site Supporter Since 2015

#63 Post by 1066 »

TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
PeterN

#64 Post by PeterN »

Interesting to be reminded of what we could buy and use back in 1988 without causing mayhem in the streets. I bought my long Mannlicher M95 rifle from the R.I.F.L.E shop in Little Eaton. It was run by a father and son. They unfortunately fell foul of the law and did a little porridge. From memory, I think they were had up for selling deactivated guns with a spare unchambered barrel and a chamber reamer. All the items perfectly legal sold separately but I think they were done on conspiracy to reactivate deactivated guns or something. When I was there, they had some lovely Swedish Mauser rifles for £65 each and Springfield 1903 rifles for not a lot more. This would be around the time of the advert.
Regards
Peter.
Union St

#65 Post by Union St »

Thank you. I bought the only one from 1962 that would send to the US!
Union St

#66 Post by Union St »

Hello, if you sent me a PM in the last few days, I still don't have the ability to reply (because I'm a new member, I guess), so can you PM me your email address and I will reply there. Many thanks, stay safe everyone.
Union St

#67 Post by Union St »

I threw this together. Do the gun parts feel reasonable?
Attachments
Shooting & Fight Scene - 26 Dec 2020.docx
(22.89 KiB) Downloaded 75 times

#68 Post by 1066 »

Union St wrote:I threw this together. Do the gun parts feel reasonable?
That sounds pretty fair to me - the only thing I would say, I don't think he would have time or gain any advantage in turning the gun round to use as a club. The pistol is too small and the barrel/slide too short to gain any mechanical advantage, it takes unnecessary time and he has a live round up the spout in a gun with an undiagnosed fault with the muzzle pointing towards him.

Another thought - if using a semi-auto there's always an empty case ejected somewhere, sometimes many feet away. A possible problem if police find it. (Not a problem with a revolver of course)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Union St

#69 Post by Union St »

Very good point. He wouldn't turn a failed gun towards himself. Got it.
Ovenpaa

#70 Post by Ovenpaa »

1066 wrote:Another thought - if using a semi-auto there's always an empty case ejected somewhere, sometimes many feet away. A possible problem if police find it. (Not a problem with a revolver of course)
However he can always 'Police' the brass (Pick up the fired cases) afterwards which is a nice touch.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal