Blank firing glock

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Practical shooter

Blank firing glock

#1 Post by Practical shooter »

Hello can anyone suggest where I can get a blank firing glock or a deactivated one that has a working slide, magazine release and dry fire. Not fussed if new or 2nd hand. Thanks

Sent from my thong using "An application"
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Blank firing glock

#2 Post by bnz41 »

Hi Try here,

It's expensive https://www.gunstar.co.uk/glock-17-aust ... ns/1289714

Don't think now they are allowed to dry fire to current UK/EU spec.
Practical shooter

#3 Post by Practical shooter »

bnz41 wrote:Hi Try here,

It's expensive https://www.gunstar.co.uk/glock-17-aust ... ns/1289714

Don't think now they are allowed to dry fire to current UK/EU spec.
Thank you for the reply and information on the dry fire bit, I was unaware of this. I dont even mind if its blue in colour to save a few quid

38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

#4 Post by 38Super »

A gas blowback airsoft replica will have all the correct controls and moving parts + recoil and much cheaper.
Practical shooter

#5 Post by Practical shooter »

38Super wrote:A gas blowback airsoft replica will have all the correct controls and moving parts + recoil and much cheaper.
That is a good idea as it was something I never actually considered. Would it have the same weight etc

38Super

#6 Post by 38Super »

From a brief bit of research Airsoft around 800g loaded, Glock 17 around 900g loaded.
Magazines tend to be heavier in the airsoft which makes up for the rest of the gun being a bit lighter.
Since the Glock has a plastic slide anyway there probably isn't a huge change in the balance.
You could add a steel outer barrel to the Airsoft to add the extra weight in the right place.
Webley
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#7 Post by Webley »

The Umerex airgun glock 17 (the dual ammo, 8 round rotary mag, powered by 12g CO2 capsule version) is possibly a better option. Airsoft guns require a membership card of an airsoft club if buying from a shop. The airgun version has a metal slide and it blows back the slide when fired. It is controlled under airgun laws. Mag release works but the slide hold does not. They do one that is threaded for a mod as well if you want.
https://youtu.be/-E0UD1_lKgg
I showed mine to my RFD who is a Glock dealer. He was surprised how Glock like it was up close, i.e. perfect copy.
Matt
38Super

#8 Post by 38Super »

Webley wrote:Airsoft guns require a membership card of an airsoft club if buying from a shop.
UKARA only needed if you want a black one. If you're happy with two tone you can buy an Airsoft from anywhere.
Crazy laws we have where you can't buy a black airsoft but it's fine to buy an identical (more powerful) air pistol. wallhead
JammyGuns

#9 Post by JammyGuns »

Before I joined a second club in NI to shoot real handguns (mostly club owned Glocks) I started practicing/messing around the house and garden with the WE airsoft clones here in England, and honestly, they are amazingly close in terms of weight and feel. Certainly much closer than you'd initially give credit. I suspected upon handling the real 17 for the first time in 2016 that it was fractionally thinner than the WE, and upon looking up the specs of the real steel vs the airsoft once home that proved to be correct. It's only fractional though - otherwise the only thing that really gives it away is the slide spring being considerable stronger (for obvious reasons). Putting in hrs and hrs with the airsoft one really made the whole experience easier.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

Neither airsoft guns nor blank firers like to be dry-fired but an airsoft gun will likely tolerate it for longer.

I have a Umarex Glock 17 blank firer but as its black I can't sell/give it to anyone without the appropriate credentials. In fairness its a mile away from a real Glock, the grip is at least 15% fatter, the angle is off and the mag release and slide lock are much smaller. I've also never managed to get it to fire more than 3 blanks without it stove-piping. 8-)
DVC