Grand Power K22 Light Striking

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Practical shooter

Re: Grand Power K22 Light Striking

#21 Post by Practical shooter »

Is cca still trading
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#22 Post by Blackstuff »

If they are their the most clandestine RFD going!
DVC
Practical shooter

#23 Post by Practical shooter »

I made arrangements to go and purchase some items before then he patched me when I arrived, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was still trading but just being rude
Hairydavey
Home club or Range: Looe Rifle/Pistol Club, Dutchy Shooting Association.

#24 Post by Hairydavey »

I know this thread is a little old now but this may be useful.

My K22 was suffering from light strikes. I had a rummage around the garage as you do and found myself a stainless steel nut approx 5-6mm in diameter and 3mm thick.

I disassembled the K22 frame down to the subframe and punched out the hammer spring retaining pin as per section 8 in the guide in the link below (the link below is for completely taking apart the K100 centrefire pistol, but the frame portion of disassembly is the same for the K22).

http://apexgunsmithing.com/detail-strip ... 00-series/

After grinding and rounding off the pointed sections of the nut on a bench grinder in order for the nut to fit flat in the hammer spring pocket on the subframe as per section 8 in the guide above, I then reinstalled the stock hammer spring along with the modified nut at the bottom of the spring, punched the hammer spring retaining spring back in and reassembled the pistol. The trigger pull in double action was noticeably stiffer due to the the now preloaded hammer spring, however still useable (if you really like double action for some reason), but single action is still nice and light.

In a nutshell the rounded off nut acts as a preloader like you see in many airgun mods, I then reassembled the pistol, test fired 4 x magazines of 15 rounds a piece (2 x 15 rnd Mini Mags, 2 x 15 rnd CCI Quiet as I own a Whisper variant), not one singe ftf or fte.

Total cost was zero pennies and around 45 minutes of my time, time very well spent.

Amazing how much difference a tiny bit of metal I found while rummaging in the garage can make.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#25 Post by Blackstuff »

Love it when you can fix your own problems like that goodjob
DVC