Yeah boiii! Haha. New gun!

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Yeah boiii! Haha. New gun!

#31 Post by Sim G »

I’ve seen that Hannams have .356TSW cases listed?!!! I take it you’ve tried them?

I also think you may struggle to get 9mm pressure cartridges to reliably function consistently in the .356. It was built to operate at 50K psi!!! Have you thought about trying a different recoil spring of a 9mm suitable weight? A 14lb spring from something like the 952, which was a 5 inch gun?

Or, go balls-out and rock 115gn at 1400fps! lol
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#32 Post by bradaz11 »

well the max load worked ok, so I guess those are my start weights HAHA

problem I have is the range isn't rated for full poke loads, so no need to go that high. so yeah, another spring might work. americans just say to buy a new barrel for 9mm, which kinda undoes it's sec 7 ness.

I'm pretty sure they said they didn't, but will confirm, as it may have been someone else. I just need an american holiday, next issue is extra mags, I need 5906 mags from what I've been told, and probably some sort of mag bumper due to the funnel
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
majex45
Home club or Range: Hastings

#33 Post by majex45 »

Back in the day we sent two 38 super pistols (Colt Government pattern) to the London Proof House. They came back proofed for 9mm! Stamped, not engraved.
Sent back and lots of XXXXXs all over the old proofs. Yeuch.
I wonder if they are still around somewhere?
Graham M

#34 Post by Graham M »

Yup proof houses can be a pain and are sometime staffed by complete numties. When My .243Win Tikka T3 was screwcut for a moderator it had to be sent off for re-proof at Birmingham Proof House.
Came back laser etched with .243Rem wtf
Had to take it back and look at the balls-up they made fixing it.
T82.jpg
Re-re-proofedmod.jpg
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
PeterN

#35 Post by PeterN »

The proof house stamped my Siamese Mauser as “8x57 Siam” rather than 8x52R Siamese. It is definitely 8x52R as I shoot it sometimes.
Why stamp a calibre on a moderator that can be used on various calibres?
Regards
Peter.