Yeah boiii! Haha. New gun!

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

MistAgain

Re: Yeah boiii! Haha. New gun!

#21 Post by MistAgain »

It would be very interesting to know the history of that gun .
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#22 Post by bradaz11 »

yeah, seller RFD is a bit cagey about who owned it previously, all I know is guy died and this was part of his collection. AFAIK the first 5 went to team members, the other went to the coach / manager. then this would be the next gun. no idea where it's been t=for the rest of that time.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
MistAgain

#23 Post by MistAgain »

Its possible that Birmingham should have the load data for the 356 . They did some 357Sigs in the past .
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#24 Post by bradaz11 »

well half a step foward. I've spoken to the head chap at the proof lab, who make the proof loads for both proof houses, and authorised my gun to be proofed as 9mm para, which he was happy with. So the ammo will be made up in my converted 356tsw cases next week, then sent over to London for Proofing.

then just got to arrange it to get to my range.

Oh, and all the other section 7 is now back too! HOORAY!! (even if I can't get there for 3 weeks)
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#25 Post by bnz41 »

goodjob About the proofing, do make sure London place the marks discreetly, they did not on our immaculate T series High Power. Then said sorry.

Oh, and all the other section 7 is now back too! HOORAY!! (even if I can't get there for 3 weeks)

That's fantastic news.... :good:
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#26 Post by bradaz11 »

well gun is tucked in at its new home, I got a few mins of fondling due to the driver running late, ran some rounds through it and found they were too wimpy to cycle it, so starting 9mm loads aren't appropriate it seems. but hey, I've got it now at least. time to buy more brass.
Graham M

#27 Post by Graham M »

bnz41 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:10 pm goodjob About the proofing, do make sure London place the marks discreetly, they did not on our immaculate T series High Power. Then said sorry.
Yeh and make sure they put the right proof marks on as well. When The gunsmith sent my .243Win and T8 in for reproofing after threading the muzzle, the moderator came back laser cut for .243Rem.
When I complained they said bring it back .............................................and this is the abortion they made fixing it
Re-re-proofedmod.jpg
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#28 Post by bradaz11 »

Well I got it at long last. Some issues at proof as there's no published data. So I eventually got them to proof it on 9mm data in the converted cases. As we know that oal is same, and it used same components. They were happy with this. So I got it delivered 2 weeks ago. Proof marks are very well done.

Shot some loads through it, but it wasn't cycling. Getting either stove pipes or fail to eject. So went home, pulled all the loaded rounds, loaded them a bit hotter (was 9mm starter loads) so went up to 9mm Max loads. Went back last week and tried them. Same issues!!

So I went to strip the gun, and quickly realised I didn't know how to. Eventually worked it out. Used a case in the ejection port to hold the slide open, then tap the slide release out. The detent was very tight. Have it a bit of a check over. Oil up and put back together. Ran the remaining 70 odd rounds through without an issue. So now to load up more lighter loaded rounds to see how it goes.

IMG_20211209_160039.jpg
IMG_20211209_155842.jpg
IMG_20211209_155823.jpg
Sim G
Past Supporter

#29 Post by Sim G »

You using 9mm cases as well?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#30 Post by bradaz11 »

Haven't tried yet. I'm using 9x23 cut down
I tried 4.2gr of n340 and that wouldn't cycle, 4.5 worked fine and accurate enough for me