Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

PSG Diggle Shoot

#1 Post by Blackstuff »

Diggle PSG shoot

DVC
techguy

Re: What shooting stuff have you been up to today?

#2 Post by techguy »

Nice video blackstuff :) Where did you mount the camera, and which camera did you use? I barrel mounted one at the weekend on my pump, was really pleased with the result (of the video, not my shooting!!)

Today I've most been changing my mind again over which .22 and which S1 shotgun to get on my first FAC (when I eventually get it!)

I love shooting pump, but it will take me a long time to be as quick with a pump as a semi, but I also want a Saiga as well! Think my FEO might laugh at me if I ask for 3 x S1 shotguns on my first FAC!
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

Cheers :good:

You might be right on your initial grant! :lol: Mind, saying that if you get into fairly heavy competition use its entirely feasible to have a semi and a pump (i have this to compete in the 2 main divisions), and others i know have that, then the same again so if they're going abroad they have a back up gun incase the first one fails somehow bangbang

I use a ContourGPS mounted on the side of a baseball cap using the headband mount;

I did initially mount it facing forwards on the cap however 1/4 of the screen was taken up by the peak, so now i mount it backwards. You look pretty daft but its the price you pay to get the video!
DVC
techguy

#4 Post by techguy »

Cool.. thanks for the reply!

I want to actually have 2 cameras mounted.. one on the gun, and one on me... so I can get a good picture of the overall stage. Last weekend was my first time with the camera mounted, and it's really good for spotting bits I need to improve on (pretty much everything at the moment.. haahaha!!)

I think I should be able to get 2 x S1 on my initial grant, I have good reason! In fact, I have two reasons. Competing in 2 divisions, and/or target shotgun. The FEO can take his pick which ones he likes the reasoning for. I might put in for a variation a while later for a 3rd! I've already shot one competition (albeit with my S2) and really got the bug :)
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

That would be really good, especially if your editing software would let you do picture in picture! I use Sony Vegas 10, i probably only use about 5% of its capability but i'm too tight to buy the additional tutorial videos! :roll: :lol: You can get a picatinny rail mount for Contours which is fine on rifles but as i discovered below it couldn't handle 12b recoil emrolleyes (0:54 onwards)

I'm sure if you put a couple of cable ties on it, it would work but i prefer being able to see the reloading part of it too.
DVC
techguy

#6 Post by techguy »

Hahaha! Ooops!

I just zip tied my camera to the end of the magazine tube, as it's a perfect cylinder so easy to mount... I wouldn't want to see how slow my reloading is so I'm fine with not having that just yet! ;)
John25

Re: PSG Diggle Shoot

#7 Post by John25 »

I used the "What if it breaks, after I have spent squillions on entry fee, travel, and accommmodation, will you give me a letter telling me you said I could borrow one?"

This was accepted as good reason without demur.
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

looks like you had a great day Mark
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
techguy

#9 Post by techguy »

John25 wrote:I used the "What if it breaks, after I have spent squillions on entry fee, travel, and accommmodation, will you give me a letter telling me you said I could borrow one?"

This was accepted as good reason without demur.
Sounds like yet another perfectly good reason :)