Forum shoot distance

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.

Distance to shoot

19%
25%
34%
22%

Total votes: 68

Blackstuff

Re: Forum shoot distance

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

I might only have my .22lr and 9mm May/June but it anyone can provide me with the hold over data i'll give 1000m a try :twisted: But someone will have to tell me when the RCO isn't looking :? :lol:
DVC
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

I've gone with 300. It's still a fairly challenging range to shoot at. Irons won't feel disadvantaged at that distance and really, is it not more of a social get together than a "shoot"? At 600, the shooting itself may become all consuming........
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

If only we can get some zombies to shoot at then I am not that fussed about the distance :)
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#14 Post by HeatherW762 »

If the cost of £250 is for the whole range then we could shoot multiple distances (assuming enough RCO's) concurrently to please everyone.

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

I think it is GBP250 for one distance and GBP500 for the whole range Heather. The ability to shoot at different distances is appealing, as is a group made up of F-B(UK)'ers.

Downside is if only ten of us show it is going to be pricey, easy answer is we need more people!!!!! :D
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal