One for one variation

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

One for one variation

#1 Post by shugie »

On my FAC is a stamped box which suggest that disposal of a firearm does not authorise a replacement without a variation. I think someone told me (that classic rumour phrase) that you have seven days after selling a firearm to apply for a free variation for permission to replace it?

So, is that correct, and if so, is the method for applying to fill in the usual form and send that with the licence back (with the usual inability to buy ammunition) to the police?

And is the variation always for a replacement in the same calibre?

Plans are afoot to spend more money on things that go bang.
Careful now/that sort of thing
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: One for one variation

#2 Post by 20series »

If you get rid of any firearm whatever the circumstance you have to apply to have a "permission to acquire" put back on your FAC, normally if its like for like or a smaller calibre most forces do it free if not its £26.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by mr smith »

You have seven days in which to keep the slot on your ticket for free,after that it will be a variation and £26.
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#4 Post by Steve E »

One for one variations are free and there is no time limit as to when you have to apply for the variation. You must notify your licencing authority when you dispose of a firearm within seven days that you have done so (be that sale or lent) by registered post or recorded delivery. You do not have to put your FAC in for variation at this time.