Help - Identify this bullpup rifle

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Tower75

Re: Help - Identify this bullpup rifle

#11 Post by Tower75 »

Personally, I really like the idea of bullpups, and if we were allowed them ( **** **** ) I would have a self-loading civvie-version of the L85 series rifle.

Pullpups are probably set to takeover, anyway. Most of the "future" rifles in development are a caseless bullpup design, or a model designed around the "Metal Storm" idea.

The only thing I don't like about bullpups is the name, or more specifically, I don't like the fact that no one knows the origin of the term. That bugs me, mainly 'cos I'm an awkward sod and I need to know this stuff.
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#12 Post by HALODIN »

Is there something specific about this design that makes them illegal or is it you just need a straight pull version? If so what about the L98 cadet general purpose rifle?
Tower75

#13 Post by Tower75 »

Sorry, I meant if we could have a proper self-loading version. I really don't fancy any neutered straight-pull rifles.

If something was meant to be straight-pull, like a Schmidt-Rubin, or a Mannlicher, then fine. But I cannot warm to the straight-pulls we have to have here in lieu of self-loading.
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#14 Post by HALODIN »

I thought you might say that... :grin:

bangbang
honsu
Home club or Range: Wednesburey Marksmen

#15 Post by honsu »

And to make it worse the ACF now use the L98 A2 which is semi auto.

Shame we cant be trusted with them lol

:flag5: bangbang zzzzom zzzzom
Craig&Vicki
PaulR

#16 Post by PaulR »

tackb wrote:I liked the 400m effective range and 800m max range ! not much of a sniper rifle?
Israel's a small country.........
PaulR

"Try to fly in the middle of the air. The edges can be recognized by water, ground, rocks, and interstellar space. It is much easier to not hit anything in the middle of the air than it is anywhere near the edges."
Dangermouse

#17 Post by Dangermouse »

The Israeli army used Ruger 10/22's in 22lr, so perhaps someone thinks 400 yards is sniper territor!

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
walesdave

#18 Post by walesdave »

Israeli army never took sniping that seriously - not sure now, but it used to be considered a pretty crap role. And you're not too far off about the size of the country, that's why there's no legal hunting with rifles (only shotguns allowed) as there's not enough areas with a safe backstop.