legality

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
ronboy

legality

#1 Post by ronboy »

Hi Can anyone answer this; I buy my .22ammo from the club and it's added to my FAC, I shoot some of it and the rest go'es home with me. Currently my FAC is with the police for another gun and i will run out of .22 so I buy more to use some at the club. Now, am I legally allowed to take unused ammo home as it's not entered on my FAC ?
Dangermouse

Re: legality

#2 Post by Dangermouse »

Suggest you speak directly with your FET, at the end of the day it is them that you will be upsetting should any incidents arise. You never know it might move them on a bit,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Blackstuff

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

You shouldn't be able to buy ammo at the club without your FAC being filled in unless its all for use there and then, so i would say no.
DVC
Ginger

#4 Post by Ginger »

If you take that off the range Ron you are breaking the law as I understand it.
Chuck

#5 Post by Chuck »

agree with ginger, no FAC it must stay at the club...
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Rearlugs

#6 Post by Rearlugs »

If you do not have your FAC, then you would be in illegal possession of any firearms and ammo at your home - even items listed on your absent FAC.

The Police should technically issue you with a temporary FAC whenever you send your original FAC in for variation or renewal...
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#7 Post by saddler »

Rearlugs wrote:If you do not have your FAC, then you would be in illegal possession of any firearms and ammo at your home - even items listed on your absent FAC.

The Police should technically issue you with a temporary FAC whenever you send your original FAC in for variation or renewal...
Er, not sure if serious?
What part of the Firearms Act do you base your answer on?
Seems wrong...in several areas...
Mr_Logic

#8 Post by Mr_Logic »

No requirement to be physically in possession of the piece of paper to be in possession so no issues there. As for the ammo, you do need to record ammo sales on your ticket which you can't, so think you will need to wait. If for target no problem anyway, surely?