Chiappa 3 barrel shotgun

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

25Pdr

Re: Chiappa 3 barrel shotgun

#21 Post by 25Pdr »

Some more info on this Shotgun....$1,500 not too bad a price.......I'd need something like this for Olympic Trap, have you seen the bloody speed of these Clays? :lol: :lol:

You Tube Link...

Story...
ashhow

#22 Post by ashhow »

Blackstuff wrote:
techguy wrote:
Now you're talking! :D
:good:

Actually, screw that, i'll have it on my FAC with 18" barrels :twisted:
Ah, now can you help with with this question that has boggled my mind for years!

I have a section 1 shotty and I know someone who has a S1 shotgun with a 20" barrel. Now it is my understanding that to own a S1 shotgun with a barrel under 24" you need a "specially tailored FAC" is this true?

Always wanted a short shotgun. The law to my knowledge is that under the 1988 legislation 24" barrell was the minimum for a SGC, but it mentioned nothing under FAC, all I read was prohibiting "short shotguns" but I can't find anything like barrel size that refers to FAC shotguns...

Can you bear some light on this?
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#23 Post by Blackstuff »

ashhow wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:
techguy wrote:
Now you're talking! :D
:good:

Actually, screw that, i'll have it on my FAC with 18" barrels :twisted:
Ah, now can you help with with this question that has boggled my mind for years!

I have a section 1 shotty and I know someone who has a S1 shotgun with a 20" barrel. Now it is my understanding that to own a S1 shotgun with a barrel under 24" you need a "specially tailored FAC" is this true?

Always wanted a short shotgun. The law to my knowledge is that under the 1988 legislation 24" barrell was the minimum for a SGC, but it mentioned nothing under FAC, all I read was prohibiting "short shotguns" but I can't find anything like barrel size that refers to FAC shotguns...

Can you bear some light on this?
It's my understanding that you can have any action type shotgun apart from a semi-auto and pump-action i.e. O/U SbS, lever-action, with a short barrel as a Section 1 gun, but it must still conform to the 'not-a-pistol' length restrictions, i.e. the barrel must be at least 30cm and the overall size must be at least 60cm. A common type of gun would be a 'coach gun' SbS which is used for Cowboy Action Shooting or End Of Trail shooting.

A semi or pump with a barrel less than 24" would be a Section 5 prohibited firearm that you need permission from the Secretary of State to own.
DVC
ashhow

#24 Post by ashhow »

Yeah I know you can keep lever guns and side-by-side and over-under shotguns on your FAC as if they were rifles, however the one I am refering to is actually a pump action!!

Read somewhere on this forum and it was 1997 which prohibited short-shotguns on FAC's. I know the guy in question does not have a section 5, he said his certificate was specially taiolored as his FEO said he could have it on his FAC because it's a trench gun and historic. However can you actually get section 5 firearms put on a section 1 lisence? Is it similat to how section 7.2&3 and section 3 guns are put on lisences?

Or is this shotgun from post-1988 and he never handed it in (weren't registered).
saddler

#25 Post by saddler »

3 barrels? Not enough shots between reloading

Seen a MUCH better new toy for the Xmas list...

http://vid180.photobucket.com/albums/x91/Captain_Kennedy/th_PB210045.jpg?videoplayer=offsite?videoplayer=offsite?videoplayer=offsite
dave_303

#26 Post by dave_303 »

ashhow wrote:Yeah I know you can keep lever guns and side-by-side and over-under shotguns on your FAC as if they were rifles, however the one I am refering to is actually a pump action!!

Read somewhere on this forum and it was 1997 which prohibited short-shotguns on FAC's. I know the guy in question does not have a section 5, he said his certificate was specially taiolored as his FEO said he could have it on his FAC because it's a trench gun and historic. However can you actually get section 5 firearms put on a section 1 lisence? Is it similat to how section 7.2&3 and section 3 guns are put on lisences?

Or is this shotgun from post-1988 and he never handed it in (weren't registered).

Seems weird why he would be exempt as it begin a 'historical piece' when 2 re-enactors I knew bought an original working Trench Gun but were still force to weld on a barrel extension, thought they would have a better 'genuine reason'
saddler

#27 Post by saddler »

ashhow wrote:I have a section 1 shotty and I know someone who has a S1 shotgun with a 20" barrel.
I have a couple of S.1 shotguns, both pump action.
You may know someone with a 20" barreled Section 1 shotgun, as long as it is NEITHER a pump or semi auto.
A 20" barrel on either a pump or semi = Section 5 gun - regardless of whether the shotgun is "held" on Section 1 or Section 2
ashhow wrote:Now it is my understanding that to own a S1 shotgun with a barrel under 24" you need a "specially tailored FAC" is this true?.
NOT quite...
A S.1 shotgun with sub-24" barrel will be a normal FAC entry - "12-bore shotgun" - it can even be 12" barreled as long as it meets the rest of the S.1 criteria & is over 24" total length.
What is not allowed? Pump-action/semi-auto's
ashhow wrote:Always wanted a short shotgun. The law to my knowledge is that under the 1988 legislation 24" barrell was the minimum for a SGC, but it mentioned nothing under FAC, all I read was prohibiting "short shotguns" but I can't find anything like barrel size that refers to FAC shotguns...
24" barrel minimum = S.2 (also applies to S.1 pumps/semi's)
S1/S2 - also depends on shot capacity for pumps/semi's