Remington 870 Wingmaster ejector replacement

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Rifleman798

Remington 870 Wingmaster ejector replacement

#1 Post by Rifleman798 »

Hi

I have a broken ejector on my 870. The front part that seems to allign the Barrel has been broken and now having ejection problems.

Has anyone replaced the ejector before and if so did they use the Brownells Rivet tool that is suppossed to make things easier?

Looking on Youtube it seems a fiddly job but not impossible. Just need to know if the tool is worth ordering or not.

Cheers

James
saddler

Re: Remington 870 Wingmaster ejector replacement

#2 Post by saddler »

I have done this to my 870

Seems that my occassional ejector issues when I purchased the gun 2nd-hand were down to one thing - there WAS no ejector in the gun, just the stub of what was left.
Still was about 4 years before I realised that there was a part missing, as 98% of the time it worked ok!!

I got the rivet drilling tool from Brownells. Partial success. Your results WILL vary on the amount of rivet remaining once the head of the current rivet has been drilled using the tool. IN may case I had an RFD mate do the job while I assisted as he has a full machine shop. What we ended up doing was drilling through the receiver to intall the ejector with a real rivet which he then made as flush as possible on the outside of the receiver.

What tool are you after, the drilling tool or the rivet staking tool?
Rifleman798

Re: Remington 870 Wingmaster ejector replacement

#3 Post by Rifleman798 »

Thanks for the reply mate

Well i changed my Ammo and had a shoot last night and didnt have any ejection problems?! i filed down the rough part that had snapped and is working OK for now.

I did find a replacement ejector on Ebay US for pennys so will keep that standby. If i do need to replace it I may have to borrow that Rivet tool from you if possible

All the best

James