Trap Guns and Trap Shooting.

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Paul-Andrzej

Trap Guns and Trap Shooting.

#1 Post by Paul-Andrzej »

Not my area of much knowledge - mine's ESP - but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Came about because a friend has given me his Beretta 682 Trap 12g 28inch barrels until he has completed a house move and sorted it with the police. He had not used it for some time and had not cleaned it. My chance to do someting I like best; gun cleaning. Not done a Beretta for a while.

Lovely shape gun (not the trap fore end), made me feel for the Berettas I have had in the past, and easily cleanable ejectors. Nice wood for a not too expensive gun. Chokes in a disgusting state but not now!

Questions:

1. Are trap guns set to shoot higher than sporters?
2. Is 28inches good or bad for trap?
3. Chokes are flush; would extended ones be better (I have a spare set of Brileys which fit)?

Thanks,
Paul-Andrzej

I'm not happy, but I'm not unhappy about it. Alan Bennett.
Ovenpaa

Re: Trap Guns and Trap Shooting.

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

From memory trap guns have a higher rib so would tend to shoot a bit higher than the aim, the current trend judging by the people I know is for very longer barrels so 32". Chokes, well Brileys are very good indeed and flush versus extended is invariably down to ease of fitting plus a perceived advantage in longer chokes.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
majordisorder

#3 Post by majordisorder »

Cherokee wrote:Not my area of much knowledge - mine's ESP - but I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

Came about because a friend has given me his Beretta 682 Trap 12g 28inch barrels until he has completed a house move and sorted it with the police. He had not used it for some time and had not cleaned it. My chance to do someting I like best; gun cleaning. Not done a Beretta for a while.

Lovely shape gun (not the trap fore end), made me feel for the Berettas I have had in the past, and easily cleanable ejectors. Nice wood for a not too expensive gun. Chokes in a disgusting state but not now!

Questions:

1. Are trap guns set to shoot higher than sporters?
2. Is 28inches good or bad for trap?
3. Chokes are flush; would extended ones be better (I have a spare set of Brileys which fit)?

Thanks,

1 = Yes
2 = I think 30-32 is more popular
3 = Makes not a blind bit of difference
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#4 Post by Mike357 »

Wot they said.....
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!