Which Practical Shotgun?

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Chuck

Re: Which Practical Shotgun?

#31 Post by Chuck »

Used FN SLP a short while back nice gun and little recoil...while poring over all those names just make surtre the gun FITS...shoot all the ones you are thinking about..then shoot em again. No point in buying a name if it's too heavy etc etc...
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Bunnyassassin

#32 Post by Bunnyassassin »

Ballistol wrote: One further question I have, is are the M1, M2, M3, SBEII all drilled and tapped for rails? On the Benelli site it says all models will accept the Weaver 93M rail, but I can't see any fixing holes.
My M1 Super 90 isn't tapped, been toying with the idea of getting it done, but am holding off due to a question a friends raised about receiver thickness along the top strap...

Anyone had this done?
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#33 Post by Mike357 »

Or, how about a Mossberg JM 930? If it is good enough for Jerry Miculek then it must work. £850 inc VAT from those lovely people and Lantac.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Rich83

#34 Post by Rich83 »

Hi guys I've been looking for an M2 short mag 4+1 but i can only see the fixed mag fac or the 2+1 has benelli stopped doing the 4+1. Thanks rich
TJC

#35 Post by TJC »

Great thread. Enjoyed reading all the suggestions.
4Islander

#36 Post by 4Islander »

Rich83 wrote:Hi guys I've been looking for an M2 short mag 4+1 but i can only see the fixed mag fac or the 2+1 has benelli stopped doing the 4+1. Thanks rich
Try Steve Pike at Shield Shooting Centre or Pete Starley in Warwick, if anyone has one it will be these guys.

Good luck

4I
lapua338

#37 Post by lapua338 »

I've been reading this thread with interest.

Does anyone here recommend a Molot VEPR 12 for practical/target shotgun events?

Or is a Benelli M2/M3 a more sensible proposition?
saddler

#38 Post by saddler »

lapua338 wrote:I've been reading this thread with interest.

Not 100% sure, but I know that SOME of the shooting organisations classify shotguns using detachable box magazines as a different category (the highest) so even if you arrived at a comp never having shot one before you'd be competing against International level shooters

Go with a Benelli or Mossberg or something similar until you get used to the stages & the comps
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#39 Post by Blackstuff »

lapua338 wrote:I've been reading this thread with interest.

As Jon has said a Molot VEPR is box mag fed and would put you in Open division which has the least competitors. While winning competitions at first is fun, when you've come first in a 1, 2, 5 person competition, the victory is hollow, as i know from using my SGC LRA9 for gallery rifle :roll:

That said the VEPR 12 is a beast and if i was getting another S1 shotgun that would be what i'd get, but only because i already have an M2 as well, and i'd use the M2 for competitions
DVC