Hatsan MPA double discharging / firing

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

UKYankee

Hatsan MPA double discharging / firing

#1 Post by UKYankee »

Hi everyone,

Had an MPA for a couple and months and it's been very good, however, this Saturday after putting a couple hundred rounds through it it started double discharging (and I don't mean any wierd fluid leaking out of it). The only way I can desribe it is like slam firing a pump action.

It did it a couple of time so I decided to pack it in for the day, stripped it, cleaned and tried it again this morning. Same thing, double firing on one trigger pull; it doesn't do it all the time just every now and again. Anyone had a similar experience?

Dave
saddler

Re: Hatsan MPA double discharging / firing

#2 Post by saddler »

Whatever the cause, lodge it with an RFD tomorrow...and get it sent back to the importers...
Dangermouse

#3 Post by Dangermouse »

I have had the same problem
Mine is an older model than yours.
I changed the trigger group in the end, cost around £40 and I fitted it my self.
If you have a friendly rfd it might be a lot cheaper.

Having said all that I have not fired it since so still don't know if it is fixed.

Oh, and check your rubber o ring is still on the gas port thing,

DM
UKYankee

#4 Post by UKYankee »

Thanks for the replies.

Bought it from Shooting Supplies in Bromsgrove and they won't be open until tomorrow so I'll get hold of them then.

Checked the o-ring thingy and its still in place and has not perished at all. the shotguns only 3 months old so shouldn't be going, oh well, lets hope the warranty covers it.

Dave