Using .38 special in 'longer' barrels.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

Re: Using .38 special in 'longer' barrels.

#11 Post by Mattnall »

channel12 wrote: There is no reason why when you start reloading using a .38spl load in a .357 case. In fact most people I know who shoot .38/.357 lever actions do that.
I do this for my 44Marlin. I'm only punching paper and not trying to make major or anything like that and this way I use a fraction of the powder compared to a club mate who reloads (as he call it) 'full strength magnums'.
I get about 3 time the loads from a Lb of powder and the wear and tear on man and rifle is greatly reduced. :good:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
phaedra1106

Re: Using .38 special in 'longer' barrels.

#12 Post by phaedra1106 »

5.4gr of TiteGroup in a .44 with a 200gr lead RNFP is very accurate and you get just under 1300 rounds out of 1LB of powder :good:
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)