Tube Guns

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Tube Guns

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes the one we saw was at the show at Newark. After reading about them for so long it was rather special to actually touch one. It did raise some interesting questions as well. I/we need to speak to Rod :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Actionclear

#22 Post by Actionclear »

:D whadya think? Was it worth the wait?

Feel free to email rod @ actionclear.com.au
Ovenpaa

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

Actionclear wrote::D whadya think? Was it worth the wait?

Feel free to email rod @ actionclear.com.au
Yes, I think it was worth the wait to finally 'touch' one, Christel was impressed as well. The one we saw way No47 finished in grey. I will mail Rod :D
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Actionclear

#24 Post by Actionclear »

Ovenpa, thank you, that was a refreshing review. So nice to hear supportive comments, rather than the usual lashing we get on our home turf.
R.G.C

#25 Post by R.G.C »

ovenpaa wrote:INCH + BDG + boing = very poor picture but this is what it looks like. As far as I know it is the only one in the UK and 'discussions' were continued with the vendor......
inch2.JPG
Ovenpaa,

There is a prototype shooting at Bisley, who finished in the 10 firsts of the 2008 Queens,just one point behind the winner (himself shooting a Millenium incidentally!), with the highest score of the range at 1000 yards.

Woody eng. is going to replace it with a production model, as they want to get rid of my prototypes. They think it will be ebterr in museums.... Pity.... LOL.

R.G.C
Ovenpaa

#26 Post by Ovenpaa »

Actionclear wrote:Ovenpa, thank you, that was a refreshing review. So nice to hear supportive comments, rather than the usual lashing we get on our home turf.
Well the Viking didn’t like the bolt knob but that is hardly a show stopper :lol:
/d

Shed Journal
Actionclear

#27 Post by Actionclear »

:lol: Oh there's a line there that I'm not going to touch!
Sandgroper

#28 Post by Sandgroper »

Now that I know what tube gun is :oops: I like. :D
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Laurie

#29 Post by Laurie »

I have a CSS B1 (Barnard Model P action) in .308W which has done very well for me in national league F/TR, although I've since switched to the Savage 12 / McRees Precision stocked .223R.

The B1 build was written up in the very original TargetShooter.co.uk issue, April 2009 Pages 49 on, and still available in the Archive section as a PDF file. It was the test rifle for the .308W load development covered in various issues last year. Accuracy? Some single-figure 1,000yd groups at Diggle 10 months ago in a UKBRA bench rest competition at Diggle - unfortunately not gaining any UKBRA points as an 8.25 kg F/TR rifle falls into the 'Heavy Gun' category and we don't shoot this class here. It is currently being used in club level F-Class ('Open') off a bipod using Gary E's rest and bag-rider kits off a front-rest and another round of load development is about to begin working up to 210s and also trying some new to the UK 155s.

Does it work? Yes. Am I pleased with the concept and execution? Well, a completed black finished S1 model (Savage single-shot PT action) is in Mr Eliseo's workshop awaiting export documentation, not to mention an action. Stuart Anselm (Osprey Rifles) will supply a timed and trued Savage 12 PT action and build a 6.5X47L F-Class rifle using it, the S1 and a True-Flite Heavy Palma contour barrel in due course.