Moving Target Range Tommorrow

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Moving Target Range Tommorrow

#1 Post by Mike357 »

Off to the MMTT Range at Barry Buddon tomorrow. Only 150yd range but designed for targets to run on trolleys between obstructions. Sadly the military/Landmarc dont allow us to use them.

There are however some "structures" on the FP at 150yds which are a little different. I'll post some pictures tomorrow when I get back in.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Moving Target Range Tommorrow

#2 Post by Christel »

Hope you have a nice day out.

Pictures, yes please.

:D
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

We were on a pistol electronic target range a couple of years ago, the controls are programmable and have traverse speed and turn with set speeds and delays and lots of buttons and no instructions.

So I pressed a few buttons, very impressive but it seemed destined for self destruction plus no way could I get on the target at the speed it was set to so we went back to statics.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#4 Post by Mike357 »

Well it was very cold with a fierce wind coming in off the Tay estuary. Check the flag, stayed horizontal all morning! We had a few cancellations over recent months because the Army don't like snow. Today, they lasted 2.5 hours before crying off due to the cold. What goes on!!!!!!

The No5 was out first time without the scope and I think the military ball ammo and the wind conspired against me as even at 100yds, they were all over the place. I probably shouldn't have used the "Geriatric Table" either. If I cant get the accuracy sorted this year when I start reloading for it then I may well trade it for a No4 or one of those tasty Mausers at C&G.

Note the assorted obstacles back at 150 yds for shooting on/over/through and the horizontal flag!

If only we could....

It is nice in the summer.

This is me. Brrrrrrr
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
jjvc

#5 Post by jjvc »

Great pics Mike,

Joe
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#6 Post by mr smith »

Ah looks like Barry Buddon at it's best-flippin' freezing.