Trustfire TR 1200 Lumen LED gunlight and HID GoLight

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Christel
Site Admin

Trustfire TR 1200 Lumen LED gunlight and HID GoLight

#1 Post by Christel »

...from another shooting forum...it was emailed to me...I have heavily edited it to avoid mentioning any names however I thought the review was important.

"My friend and I visited the Newark Shooting Show last weekend, and on the whole it was a very enjoyable day.

However, whilst at one of the stands, we were told by the people behind it about the brilliant Trustfire TR 1200 Lumen LED gunlight that “easily lit a fox at 300 meters”, and the “truly amazing” HID remote control Golight, which would apparently shine for 1 mile, and was 10 times brighter than a lightforce.

I decided that I would purchase one of the gunlights (£90) and my friend was seriously thinking about the Golight HID (£400).
He decided against it, but we were followed out of the tent by one of the people from the stand, were stopped and it was offered to him for £300. He returned to the stand and bought one.

After travelling home, we went out to our usual lamping spot to test the lights.

First was my gunlight. I shone it at a tree which I had range found at 200yds (with another show purchase, leica rangefinder), and the result was extremely disappointing. The beam was VERY wide, which meant that the tree was barely visible, never mind a fox at 300 meters!
I wondered if I had a bad one, so decided to google the torch to see if I could find any reviews, only to find that they were for sale on various websites for £29!!!
This annoyed me to say the least.
I have a Cluson CluBriter 200Lumen torch, and this lit the tree up with no problem at all. This Trustfire torch is supposed to be 1200Lumen. Hmmm.

Then came the HID GoLight.
We decided to try it on an Oak tree, 505yds away, and it seemed to light it up not too bad.
We scanned it round with the remote, and it got stuck, having to be freed off by hand.
We put it back on the oak tree, then switched it off and shone a Lightforce Striker at the same tree. OMG, the Lightforce was HUGELY brighter!!! It made the GoLight look like someone was shining a candle at the tree!
Major disappointment!
The Golight then decided to refuse to switch back on, and again wouldn’t move. Just got a whirring sound from the motor.

Monday morning came, and I decided to call the stand people to air my views.
My call was answered, and after me explaining how disappointing the torch was, and that I could buy it for a third of the price elsewhere, she said that she would ring me back once her husband and son arrived at work.

She did, the conversation went like this:

Person : I’m sorry that you are disappointed with the gunlight, it has 5 LED’s so will never get a tight beam. Never mind, you have a nice unit to use as a torch.

Me: But I was clearly told that it would illuminate a fox up to 300m away, and it doesn’t. It was also massively overpriced.

Person: I’m sorry, you bought it at a show, and we can’t offer a refund on any item bought at shows. They are sold as seen.

Me: So that is it then?

Person: Yes, that’s it…….HANGS UP!!!!!

My friend was told the exact same when he rang about the GoLight. :mad: :mad:

All in all, we are now left with two bits of kit which will never be used."
Ovenpaa

Re: Trustfire TR 1200 Lumen LED gunlight and HID GoLight

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Gosh, I wonder who that was?

:evil: :evil: :evil:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Convict_keeper

#3 Post by Convict_keeper »

Surely this breaches their consumer rights
The Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended
When you buy goods you form a contract between the buyer and the seller which is legally binding and is covered by a law called the Sale of Goods Act 1979. If you have purchased goods, from a trader, that have become faulty or were not as described when you purchased them or are not fit for the purpose for which you bought them read our information below and know your consumer rights.
Your Rights
If you have bought goods you have a right to expect that they should be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality:
• ‘As described’ means that it should correspond to any description given about the goods such as the quantity, colour, measurements etc. These descriptions may be verbal statements about the goods, statements in the brochure, on a shelf edge or even on the box.
• Goods are of ‘Satisfactory quality’ if they reach the standard a reasonable person would expect taking into account the price and any description.
- The law says that goods that are of satisfactory quality are free from minor defects, have good appearance and finish and are durable, safe and fit for all the purposes for which such goods are commonly supplied.
• In addition to being fit for their every day purpose goods should be fit for any specific purpose you agreed with the seller at the time of sale [for example, if you specifically asked for a printer that was compatible with your computer]
This taken from http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_ ... ourrights/, maybe they should seek legal advice or speak to the Citizens advise bureau?

CK
Robin128

#4 Post by Robin128 »

Yes that's the law.

Take it to the show organiser also.

Doubt if they will sell many more systems after that, IMHO.
Gun Pimp

#5 Post by Gun Pimp »

Appalling! I hope this spreads round all the internet forums.

Vince
Chuck

#6 Post by Chuck »

They are talking serious shoit, "sold as seen" implies some defect in the goods and a sign MUST be displayed clearly stating if that is the case.

Either way it does NOT affect your statutory rights. The items are clearly NOT fit for purpose and her statement otherwise could be seen as FRAUDULENT / reckless MISREPRESENTATION. They ARE breaking consumer legislation and cannot hide behind that statement unless the goods were CLEARLY labeled "sold as seen" or "seconds" or whatever.....which I would doubt.

You have no comeback on the price as that is your choice to buy or not: a bad bargain is not illegal, buyer beware and all that (caveat emptor). Expecting a refund because you could get it cheaper elsewhere will not work unless they had a price promise...which they will not have had.

Get your complaint to them IN Writing recorded delivery stating your complaint clearly and what you want, i.e your money back because the item is not fit for purpose for which it was intended. Give them 7 days to reply then find a Trading Standards office, forget consumer direct, it is a barrier to advice (and that came from Trading Standards) or CAB, they will only tell you what has already being outlined in this and other posts.

As with convict-keepers good post and others, get on the to the Show Organisers and Trading Standards PDQ.

Name and shame the beggars!

Thinking maybe it's time I set up a wee advice desk for shooters, there's far too much of this nonsense going on these days..and do not buy from shows unless you are prepared for hassle. Tough on the legit traders I know.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!