Question to K22 owners

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Primer

Question to K22 owners

#1 Post by Primer »

We finally got 3 of the 9 K22 X Trim plus in last week that we've had on order since October and the rest were due in this week just gone but as per usual they haven't arrived but that's another story.

Now I've managed to spend some time looking over one and see its proud owner put a few hundred rounds through it I have a few questions for other owners:

1. How are you all finding your guns, any problems?

2. Any signs of abnormal wear, I was surprised to see the guide rod is plastic/polymer especially with the wear my metal one suffered on my GSG TSC 1911 that needed replacing after less than 250 shots.

3. What are your thoughts on the plastic magazines, to be honest I'm not impressed with them, they feel and look very cheap and poor quality and I can't see them lasting long as they are very thin around the feed lips area, the two I was helping to reload this week already show a lot of wear on the feed lips and they are only a week old (I thought the S & W M & P 15/22 mags were bad enough), so not overly impressed with them and think they really let down what appears to be a great gun, I'm told they are £50 a pop in 19rd flavour, I'd expect metal mags or at least metal feed lips like Ruger mags for that price (even my airsoft pistol has metal mags).

Anyone know what the 2year warranty covers as nothing came with the guns that turned up as I would be interested to see if the mags and plastic guide rod are covered as I can't afford to replace mags every couple of months if they wear out as it appears they will.

I'm asking these questions as due to the delays and ever increasing cost I'm having reservations as to whether to cancel my order for one as when I added my name to the list at my club the price was not far off the TSC 1911 that I sold, think about £750ish but then was told the person that placed the order had decided to order all of them as X trim plus models and 20rd mags without asking us all what model we wanted so that bumped it to £960 and then an extra 3 mags (5 in total as needed for comps we do) so that bumps it to £1110 a dam site more than expected and that's before I even look at holsters, mag holders and possibly red dots for it (then we are in the realms of £1600-1800), its making me question whether I can justify that much on one of these especially if it would then need mags replacing too and I have other slots on my license such as 9mm, .223, .303, .308 that that money could easily fill one if not two of.

So in conclusion very nice gun but I think let down by poor quality mags and am looking for excuses to not cancel my order, so all feedback on them would be appreciated.
When people ask stupid questions, I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers
Sim G

Re: Question to K22 owners

#2 Post by Sim G »

The K22 X-Trim retails in Europe for around 485 Euros on the continent. The Standard K22 is 385 Euros. In the US the Xtrim is round 550 dollars.

I can't see me putting one of these in my cabinets.

http://strielaj.sk/eshop/index.php?rout ... ESC&page=2
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
IsleShoot

#3 Post by IsleShoot »

I've also ordered one of these from CA, wasn't keen on the plastic mags but no other option, worrying to hear about wear issues but hopefully as with everything, as popularity grows other products i.e. aftermarket mags, will be developed/become available?

A question for you smithing types out there, is the K22 a 'kadet' version of the K100 as per the CZ 75 .22lr kadet conversion and if so would it be possible to give the CZ SP01 Shadow the UK coat hanger treatment?

In addition, legalities aside for a moment, if the K22 is a simple .22lr conversion of a 9mm would it be possible when say competing in Europe to take your LBP to a match and have a local gun smith swap the .22lr barrel back over to a 9mm and vicer versa on returning?
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#4 Post by Zilberbak »

Unfortunately we live in rip-off Britain and our gun legislation compounds the problem. Almost everything is a special in the UK. The KX22 is a special with its longer barrel, shroud, and attached drain cleaner. The mags are dissappointingly cheap feeling and no doubt they are the consumable that is overpriced to provide a continuing high yield income. I had explained it to me that the Sporting Center had to order 100 straight pull AUG's from the Steyr factory to consider making them. That is probably more than the UK demand as they ended updiscounting them to other dealers to move them.

I suppose you pays your money (or not) and makes your choice.

The KX22 is not perfect but I enjoy shooting mine and is probably the closest to a semi auto pistol l.am likley to own. I have had a few failures to fire but drop the mag out and fire the round off and push the mag back in and it normally cycles straight through.Whether its worth the money probably not but that is not always the main consideration in this game.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R