Single shot 9mm UK legal pistol anyone?

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Single shot 9mm UK legal pistol anyone?

#51 Post by Ovenpaa »

Switch barrel is not an option however I could be persuaded to look at a second barrel/bolt option so you could swap cartridges.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Yogi GunKanobee

#52 Post by Yogi GunKanobee »

Would you need a slot for a Long Barrel Pistol, as well as a slot for the suppressor, or does it count as a single unit?
Ovenpaa

#53 Post by Ovenpaa »

They will be a single unit so just one slot should be required.

Considering I have not even shown a picture so far I am delighted with the interest and in theory the first run of three is now spoken and that is without one for me so it certainly looks like I will be producing 12 of these.

As an aside, Home Office guidance on UK produced firearms require a year of manufacture on the receiver however they do not stipulate the exact nature of the serial, this means I can produce these with customer specific serial numbers if there was sufficient interest.

As an example:
14-MDJ001
14-SGR001

Right now it does not even have a name and is only referred to by the drawing number start sequence which is S145-1
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#54 Post by Demonic69 »

Why the limit of 12 David? Is this a legal/procedural thing or a personal one? Just for my own curiosity TBH.
Surely it should be called the FBP :D
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#55 Post by froggy »

Go on OvenPaa ....

Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Ovenpaa

#56 Post by Ovenpaa »

Capping it to 12 units is a production/manufacturing thing only, I have to tool up for the project, buy the materials in, build and Proof and a 101 other things and a build of a dozen is an economical number for me, less adds significantly to the cost, more means I direct a lot of time to producing stock that may sit on the shelf for a long while which is costly.
/d

Shed Journal
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#57 Post by Demonic69 »

That makes sense mate. I'm assuming you'd consider more than 12 with enough definite pre-orders?
I do like the .50BMG idea :D
Ovenpaa

#58 Post by Ovenpaa »

I can categorically state it will not be a .50BMG :lol:

The design simply does not lend itself to such a beast plus this is supposed to give reasonably low cost shooting with factory available ammunition AND with no issues if the owner chooses to load his own stuff.

I wanted to build something that would eat factory rounds at sub GBP20/100 which limits things, my original choice was .32ACP however ammunition is difficult to source in reasonable quantities so the cartridge list was extended to 9mm and .45ACP however I would still like to include the .32ACP on my list.

First build will be for one cartridge only and the leaning right now is .45ACP which is fine by me. I spent some time last night looking at the idea of conversion kits which is basically two components in their simplest form, a barrel and bolt assembly however this does allow for reduced/increased diameter baffles etc.

I will think some more on it.
/d

Shed Journal
techguy

#59 Post by techguy »

I'm interested...pending seeing the designs... :)
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

#60 Post by User702 »

Ok, so no .50BMG, but how about .223/5.56x45?

Ever since I played Fallout 3: New Vegas I've wanted a 5.56mm revolver...