Falling Plate

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

simong
Home club or Range: Saxon

Falling Plate

#1 Post by simong »

Evening peeps,

Yesterday went to Bisley for a falling plate comp ( my first of these, didn't know what to expect ?)

Obviously the village virgin had been sacrificed as there was much water falling from sky!

Zeroing on short siberia ( couldn't hit the plate sized mark with a borrowed Junglie :oops: )

Then across to Pirbright.

Excellent manicured range, good control by HM RCO's, and then by the civil chappy's
Watched Canadian vs Omani 100 mtr Dash and shoot ( :run: " we've got to do thaaaat ? )
Excellent fun with both Junglie and AR ( we came last in everything but what the heck ? grins were plentiful :grin: )

We will definitely go again and may even be a bit better prepared.

Well done to all who went !

ttfn

The Greek
Suffolk champion...50 mtr precision flinching champion

Howa 308 GRS stock
Uberti 1873 45 LC
Ruger Precision 6.5
Dougan

Re: Falling Plate

#2 Post by Dougan »

Sounds good fun :good:

I haven't shot falling plate since the cadets...would love to have a go now; though the 'running' bit might bea bit of an issue razz
Doz

#3 Post by Doz »

Did the Omanis wipe the floor with everyone else like they did last time I shot there? They were very impressive!
DW58

#4 Post by DW58 »

Yes, the NRA posted on FaceySpaceyBook today that the Omanis won the plates again.
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#5 Post by DanTheMan »

Doz wrote:Did the Omanis wipe the floor with everyone else like they did last time I shot there? They were very impressive!
They did although the Canadians won last year. We were knocked out in the 1st round again by a mere 1/2 second but still loads of fun.
Knackered now after 5 days of CSR comps, best weeks shooting ever :good:
Charlie Muggins

#6 Post by Charlie Muggins »

Hmmm looks like there were a few of us FBers there.
Gaz

#7 Post by Gaz »

Was a good laugh shooting the historic/Enfield class - I had no idea there would be so many teams! It was great fun, with a bit more training (and rifle tweaking, eh Charlie Muggins) I reckon we could make a competitive showing. Top marks for the BBQ afterwards as well.
BrunelTR

#8 Post by BrunelTR »

Top marks also to the other attendees for their support of the Brunel team and apologies to the gentleman who lost £20 on us making the semi finals. Will be back next year with more competitors. Place your bets!
Dougan

#9 Post by Dougan »

Arh, so that's what the video was all about...you guys practicing for this event...well done chaps and chapesses :goodjob: