HM The Queen's Prize

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

HM The Queen's Prize

#1 Post by IainWR »

At Bisley this afternoon, Richard Jeens (North London Rifle Club, Wales & GB), the current World Long-Range Individual Target Rifle Champion, won Her Majesty the Queen's Prize with a score of 297.44 ex 300.60. Rob Sandlant (Australia) was second with 297.33, Simon Carson (Ireland) was thrid with 297.30. The previous winner, Jim Corbett (Australia) was fourth with 295.

clapclap

https://www.facebook.com/NRAUK
Dougan

Re: HM The Queen's Prize

#2 Post by Dougan »

Thanks for the 'breaking news' Iain...that's some outrageously good shooting tongueout

There hasn't been much talk on here about the 'TR' part of the Imperial - I've been reading the blog on the NRA site, and it looks like our very own Gaz M had a good meeting...

...so TR guys; how did it go?
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

IainWR wrote:At Bisley this afternoon, Richard Jeens (North London Rifle Club, Wales & GB), the current World Long-Range Individual Target Rifle Champion, won Her Majesty the Queen's Prize with a score of 297.44 ex 300.60. Rob Sandlant (Australia) was second with 297.33, Simon Carson (Ireland) was thrid with 297.30. The previous winner, Jim Corbett (Australia) was fourth with 295.
Congratulations to all concerned! :cheers: :good:
karen

#4 Post by karen »

I wuz ill - luckily there is not an emoticon showing the sort of ill I was.

Either I caught a stomach bug (which seemed to be going around some areas of camp) or ate some dodgy meat.

Apart from that it wasn't really a good meeting for me but hey ho there's always next year . . .

love

Karen
karen

#5 Post by karen »

SteveE did very well too - another 105 in the National Match for England and won the TWP Agg as well as shooting a tie shoot against the Palma Captain Jane Messer for the Century.
rox

#6 Post by rox »

IainWR wrote:At Bisley this afternoon, Richard Jeens (North London Rifle Club, Wales & GB), the current World Long-Range Individual Target Rifle Champion, won Her Majesty the Queen's Prize with a score of 297.44 ex 300.60.
...and rox lead briefly, finishing 6th.

Dougan

#7 Post by Dougan »

6th in the Queens!! That's impressive! tongueout
Dougan

#8 Post by Dougan »

Well shot to SteveE and Gaz M too!

Looks like the forums TR shooters had a very good meeting :goodjob:
johngarnett
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#9 Post by johngarnett »

And now some news from t'other end!!

I was there!!

457th in the Grand with possible in The Times. To quote the Olympic motto - it's not the winning, it's the taking part' Yea! b*****ks. 500 mile round trip, £360 odd entry fee. 1 x hangover and lots of grubby washing to do!! I should have done better. It was good fun and company.

I know I got the bum squaddings 'cos I always got the wind!

Seriously, many congrats to Richard Jeens and to all UKFB'ers who were there.

JohnG
karen

#10 Post by karen »

Only one hangover? Slacker! :cheers: