Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Polchraine

#1 Post by Polchraine »

I had to go into the City yesterday and as I was at London Bridge it was just a short walk to The Tower:

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

Re: 888,246

#2 Post by DW58 »

Did you spot the two I've reserved?
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#3 Post by bobbob »

I had the honour of planting some of the Tower Poppies back in September.
I will be going back in a couple of weeks to help "pick" some.
There are people from far and wide who have come together to do this, all with a story to tell.

These are some I planted.
P1000652-1.jpg
Great view from inside the moat.
P1000657-1.jpg
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Jenks

#4 Post by Jenks »

I was thinking of buying a couple of poppies to put on the war graves I look after, I dithered, couldn't make up my mind if it was a good idea or not I was worried that they might be pinched. As Pensioner £50 is not a trivial sum of money. Any way I decided to hell with it, I would go for it.................. Too late sold out! :cry: :roll:

Jenks
bobbob

#5 Post by bobbob »

Hi Jenks.
They sold out about three weeks ago. I have seen some people suggesting they make more but then I think that goes against the idea of each poppy representing one person.
People are advertising them on ebay even though they are still in the ground. Obviously out to make money. I have a couple of closer shots of the poppies if you'd like them. Maybe get them printed and sealed in a frame for the graves.

Jenks

#6 Post by Jenks »

bobbob wrote:Hi Jenks.
They sold out about three weeks ago. I have seen some people suggesting they make more but then I think that goes against the idea of each poppy representing one person.
People are advertising them on ebay even though they are still in the ground. Obviously out to make money. I have a couple of closer shots of the poppies if you'd like them. Maybe get them printed and sealed in a frame for the graves.
bobbob..

You have a PM.

Jenks
DW58
Home club or Range: Cawdor RGC

#7 Post by DW58 »

bobbob wrote:Hi Jenks.
That is so wrong - I ordered two poppies very early on to commemorate two family members lost in WW1 - it sickens me that people are selling these for profit.
Rob
.22 Anschütz 1416 | .22 Browning T-Bolt | .222 Rem CZ (Mod) | .223 Rem Tikka/KRG X-Ray chassis | .243 Win/.308 Win Sauer 200 (Mod) | .308 Win Tikka T3/GRS Bolthorn chassis | .300 WSM Tikka T3/KRG X-Ray chassis| .308 Sig Sauer SSG 3000 | 7.5x55mm K31
bobbob

#8 Post by bobbob »

Poppy.jpg