Mass shootings

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Mass shootings

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

Demonic69 wrote: Then I'd run to the cabinet and see how quick I could open it and load up!
Practice makes perfect O:-) Shooter are you ready? Standby..... :D

Being caught on the fly on the street is one thing, at home or work (assuming you work in the same place everyday/most of the time), is something you can make preparations for. Its odd how long that broken off 16" guillotine arm has been left in the stores cupboard at my work.... teanews
DVC
tackb

#12 Post by tackb »

I'd most likely be unarmed , distance is your friend in a shooter situation closely followed by angles (bullets tend to want to fly straight) I would distance myself from the situation as fast as possible trying to put angles between me and the shooters and solid building/structures as well.

if trapped by a shooter with no escape then I'd close and attack with anything to hand even if that's just fists , I will not die without at least trying to fight.
Chuck

#13 Post by Chuck »

Interesting suggestions, yes distance is your friend with most shooetrs. So lets' assume we are advising Joe Public here and see what comes up.

Agreed that it's hard to find someone to repair old office equipment these days ;) ;) :good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
dave_303

#14 Post by dave_303 »

The advice, if I recall correctly, currently being given to Schools, is to evacuate and run, if not possible then hide and try to secure the children, only call for help once either locked down, or have completed evacuation. If they have to hide and lock down and the attacker presses forth, then attack by any means necessary.

Schools in the South West have been informed that they are unlikely to be attacked, if they are the chances are it will be over in around 5 minutes, armed response will be there in 8-15 minutes depending on location of the school, ambulance crews not long after.
tackb

#15 Post by tackb »

isn't it sad that we have to even consider this in our civilised society ?

because of guests we've invited in because their own native country's are too dangerous for them.............
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#16 Post by froggy »

guests we've invited in because their own native country's are too dangerous for them...
Guests we've invited ?? lol
Guests don't jump barriers or hide in the back of lorries at Calais ...
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#17 Post by Blackstuff »

Who said we were civilised?

I've always looked to find a means of protecting myself at work/out and about, its got nothing to do with those lads keen on visiting Allans Snackbar.

If anything it was when Raoul Moat was on the loose and reported to be at my work place that promoted me to make better provisions at work. At the time i only worked 3 minutes away from home but my gun cabinet might as well have been on the other side of the moon and while the armed response guys arrived in less than 10 minutes (quite bad considering they were setting up in the police station 50 metres away wtf ) those were a long 10 minutes
DVC
Chuck

#18 Post by Chuck »

Schools in the South West have been informed that they are unlikely to be attacked, if they are the chances are it will be over in around 5 minutes, armed response will be there in 8-15 minutes depending on location of the school, ambulance crews not long after.
Who told them that, denial is mistake number one. They are LESS likely to be attacked, not unlikely. Subtle difference.

Huddling together in a room is a good way of upping the casualty rates..just look at Dunblane to see how that worked to good effect: all couped up in a gymn with no where to go.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
tackb

#19 Post by tackb »

froggy wrote:guests we've invited in because their own native country's are too dangerous for them...
Guests we've invited ?? lol
Guests don't jump barriers or hide in the back of lorries at Calais ...
I wasn't referring to the illegal immigrants that france pushes our way by building holding camps at an easily accessible port rather than a more secure unit well away from access to our ports wallhead , I have sympathy with frances problem re immigration but as an island it should be less of a problem for us?

I was referring to the Islamic ones that live here already and the ones fleeing persecution in their own Islamic nations yet seem to want us to build them mosques and allow them to try and turn our country into a sharia state ? kukkuk
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#20 Post by froggy »

I wasn't referring to the illegal immigrants that france pushes our way ... as an island it should be less of a problem for us?

By the time they have arrived at Calais, most have already crossed half of the world , so the Strait of Dover's little 20 miles is merely a last tiny annoying hurdle ...

but you are 100% correct in saying that the more mosques you built them, the more introduction of sharia law you make in your own, the more of your culture you destroy to make way for theirs, the more benefits you give them and the more papers you dish around, the larger numbers you will attract and in return the more populous they become, the more demands they will make to eventually manage to turn this land into the same s***-hole they left.
And they don't need France for that, merely some British politicians making the same mistakes we made 30 years ago ...
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/