So, no one needs a gun

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Robin128

Re: So, no one needs a gun

#31 Post by Robin128 »

I'm talking about the UK and what goes on here.

I don't think having 20 or so armed citizens walking around Cumbria, Nottingham, Glasgow, London, Cardiff, B'ham etc is the answer.

I'm not convinced I would feel any safer with anyone on here concealed carrying in the UK, and I'm sure I wouldn't want to be.

The problem with the UK is that most will stand by whilst someone gets a kicking. Someone on here mentioned a few months ago that they wouldn't p1ss on a copper if they found him on fire.

That's what is wrong with the UK...no, definately don't want anyone coming onto the scene to sort out fistycuffs etc with a gun, unless of course its the Police...fully trained and done a bit more than practical pistol and watched a few videos...especially those with short tempers.
barney57

#32 Post by barney57 »

Chuck wrote:ROB< an anti stance mate, If in doubt you do NOT open fire, that is a given rule unless you want to be on a murder charge. FACT, cops get it wrong more than citizens, now why is that??
Soldiers also,,,but thats probably because soldiers and Police Officers have rules of engagement to adhere to...Civilians/citezens do not....problem is when a soildier or a Police Officer does his/her job,,,,they are automatically crucified by the 9 o'clock jury,,,you know, that 9 o'clock jury made up people who were not there at the time and probably have never ever been in that type of situation!! or in fear of their lives!!

Still waiting for someone to define Use of Force and reasonable force!!!
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
Kernow Bys Vyken (Cornwall for ever)
Chuck

#33 Post by Chuck »

barney, it is a fact because they are SECOND responders in situations like that.
I don't think having 20 or so armed citizens walking around Cumbria, Nottingham, Glasgow, London, Cardiff, B'ham etc is the answer
. We already have them Robm, trouble is they are the PROBLEM! You should not allow your fears and bias to prevent people from having a CHOICE as to whether they want to be aarmed or a victim etc. , Bad sh1t finds you not the other way about. There is no such thing as a random attack.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Robin128

#34 Post by Robin128 »

Don't need it where I live and go...might feel that way in inner cities during the wrong time of day, Chuck.
Chuck

#35 Post by Chuck »

That's what makes the debate so hard because it does not happen to THEM they seem to think that everyione else is OK. Not a jibe mate. There ARE areas where people SHOULD be armed to deal with the scum, just remeber that bad sh1t cCOMES to you, you do not go to it..It's like fire insurance - you buy it just in case, even if you have never had a fire before..

At the end of the day carrying is NOT paranoia, it is life insurance of the best kind in a confrontation. LOL
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Robin128

#36 Post by Robin128 »

Not much use if the law will not support you though.

Inner city thugs with knives and guns unchecked while you are at the wrong end of it...defenceless..yes I know where you are coming from...I'd feel exactly the same.