One year on

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Dave 101

One year on

#1 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi

I moved to this house in 2010 May 14 th , so nearly one year ago , these are some of the before and after pics . The house was built in 1965 the same person had lived there till his death last year . he had spent all that time dumping rubbish and garden waste in the ditch at the bottom of the garden . His sons were into air rifles so there several jars , bottles cans with holes in , 2 TV aerials , a trolley jack a rear windscreen , wooden gate , rabbit hutch , amongst other garden rubbish on top was one big compost heap 30' wide . this lot had caused the height of the ground to rise by a foot and this descended 8' down into the ditch , I have probably dug out a couple of tons of good earth and god knows how much rotted wood and prunings .

The borders either side of the garden were only a few feet apart at one point so they have been taken back to the fences , I have put in 2 new posts panels etc at the end of the right hand side this weekend as it had never been done when the rest of the fence was replaced .
Dave 101

Re: One year on

#2 Post by Dave 101 »

ps the things that look like trees across the bottom of the garden are old stumps and a metal pole covered in ivy , the trees were so rotted the only thing holing them up was the ivy and ropes tied into the fence at the side . Also loads of rubble , bricks slabs concrete from a demolished garage .

Dave
Robin128

#3 Post by Robin128 »

Dave101,

I bet you will be able to grow anything in that soil!

Don't bugger your back up mate...been awake all night with mine.

Keep up the good work.

Go buy yourself a new gun!

:)
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

That is going to be good soil.
Get some potatoes in there, carrots.

Rare to hear that the same person has lived there for that long, nowadays people move often.
We have been here for 11.5 years and have no plans of moving. The grass really is not greener.
:P