308 Reloading dies

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

308 Reloading dies

#1 Post by Mike357 »

For the impending arrival of the Remmy (at last) I require a full set of dies. Initially to go in my Lee press but all considered as I feel the accuracy demons stirring!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

Re: 308 Reloading dies

#2 Post by dodgyrog »

I'll sell you a set of Lee dies?
pm if interested.
I hope you will shoot cast boolits and not waste your money on the glittery copper rubbish!!!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Dangermouse

Re: 308 Reloading dies

#3 Post by Dangermouse »

Mike,

Lee appear to be making loading presses with two different diameter "holes" for the dies to sit into.

The one I have is wider than the industry standard, this allows you to add the quick change colour onto the thread of your chosen dies and slot them straight in. It acts like the breach on a ships cannon, with only treads on 1/3 of the surface.

Should your press have threads all the way round, as you would expect you will not need the inserts. Should it only be on 1/3 of the surface you will need the inserts, but with both you can use any standard dies.

Confused?

DM