Update on NRA bid for IPSC shooting in the UK

A section for news and announcements only.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Update on NRA bid for IPSC shooting in the UK

#31 Post by Mike357 »

From memory, the club I went to will let you shoot an IPSC Level 1 match without a qualification.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#32 Post by Sixshot6 »

Mike357 wrote:From memory, the club I went to will let you shoot an IPSC Level 1 match without a qualification.
Sounds good.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#33 Post by Demonic69 »

Level 1 are just club level matches and don't require any training. Levels 2 and 3 currently require a UKPSA safety course pass and competition licence. Apparently the NRA and f4i will do away with that requirement
ordnance

#34 Post by ordnance »

Are IPSC NI able to lend to mainland uk shooters who have FACs.
That's something I would have to look into, I know that visitors with FAC/ s can shoot club and club members handguns. As handguns are section 1 the same rules would apply for letting someone use your rifle at a club in mainland UK.
Is it just pistol, or do you do full three gun
Its all just pistol here that I am aware of. The only one I see them using three firearms at his cowboy action shooting, two revolvers pump action shotgun and under lever rifle.
Sixshot6

#35 Post by Sixshot6 »

ordnance wrote:
Are IPSC NI able to lend to mainland uk shooters who have FACs.
That's something I would have to look into, I know that visitors with FAC/ s can shoot club and club members handguns. As handguns are section 1 the same rules would apply for letting someone use your rifle at a club in mainland UK.
Is it just pistol, or do you do full three gun
Its all just pistol here that I am aware of. The only one I see them using three firearms at his cowboy action shooting, two revolvers pump action shotgun and under lever rifle.
Thanks, I believe CAS was created by people who thought IPSC had strayed from its roots. I thought that Section 1 shotties were treated different in NI (I know all shotguns there are section 1 due to how the original firearms act of 1922 was written)?
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#36 Post by meles meles »

All Oirish shotties are Sect 1, but you're allowed pistols ?

*Bewildered*
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
ordnance

#37 Post by ordnance »

I thought that Section 1 shotties were treated different in NI
You need a FAC to get a shotgun or air rifle in Northern Ireland.
BASC. There is a thriving, sporting interest in revolver and pistol target shooting in Northern Ireland. It is facilitated through clubs that are authorised by the chief constable, with shooting confined to approved ranges.
Shooting can be undertaken by club members and by guests. Muzzleloading under supervision and a strict administrative regime means guests do not require to possess a firearm certificate to participate. There is no lower age limit for membership of clubs authorised by the Home Office.
Sixshot6

#38 Post by Sixshot6 »

ordnance wrote:
I thought that Section 1 shotties were treated different in NI
You need a FAC to get a shotgun or air rifle in Northern Ireland.
BASC. There is a thriving, sporting interest in revolver and pistol target shooting in Northern Ireland. It is facilitated through clubs that are authorised by the chief constable, with shooting confined to approved ranges.
Shooting can be undertaken by club members and by guests. Muzzleloading under supervision and a strict administrative regime means guests do not require to possess a firearm certificate to participate. There is no lower age limit for membership of clubs authorised by the Home Office.
So no problems getting a section one shottie in NI?
James K

#39 Post by James K »

I will be interested to se how the IPSC Practical Pistol Match at Bisley goes this weekend.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#40 Post by Mike357 »

Is it actually an IPSC sanctioned match?
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!