Load development Barton Road

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Load development Barton Road

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well load development was a nightmare today. My 200m ladder load of .2 grain jumps 59.0-61.6 of N560 behind the 180 Hybrids mostly climbed right but produced a reasonable group which is not what I wanted, in an ideal world it would have been a more vertical thing. I also managed to shoot Alan's chronograph which although only ten feet in front was invisible through a 42x scope. Bugger.

I also had to call two Stop Stop Stop's whilst RCOing due to dogs on the range, I also had a senior chap from Landmarc show up as well, however he was very reasonable and was just passing through. My neck is burnt as well :(

Best guess right now is 60.5 grains of N560 for the time being, we are off to Bisley Wednesday to see if I can get a decent mornings shooting and some more positive development results. At times like this I do wonder about taking up bird watching or knitting.....
7.JPG
7.JPG (98.82 KiB) Viewed 1254 times
Did have a plink with the 4(T) at 800 metres which was fun, I shot sitting and prone and found it oddly satisfying to shoot without fuss, a just a rifle and a pocket full of cartridges.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Load development Barton Road

#2 Post by 20series »

ovenpaa wrote: I also managed to shoot Alan's chronograph which although only ten feet in front was invisible through a 42x scope. Bugger.
I still think my kind offer of accepting your 4T as compensation for blowing holes in my chrono was more than fair :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dangermouse

#3 Post by Dangermouse »

I would be happy with that group at 200 meters!

Thinking of the McQueens, most would be in the V bull area,

Keep chasing the Dragon,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

20series wrote:
ovenpaa wrote: I also managed to shoot Alan's chronograph which although only ten feet in front was invisible through a 42x scope. Bugger.
I still think my kind offer of accepting your 4T as compensation for blowing holes in my chrono was more than fair :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan
Oh Alan, did you really!?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dangermouse

#5 Post by Dangermouse »

Sounds like the makings of a 1993 film,

"You can't have the rifle but what about the wife"?

(Indecent Proposal)

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

20series wrote:
It was a very generous offer indeed given it's sh*te old rifle status and I did give it fair consideration for a moment (Fair to say it was a very short moment LOL)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Steve

#7 Post by Steve »

Nice grouping for 200mtrs! I'd be well happy with that.

As for dogs on the range???? :shock:
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Steve wrote:Nice grouping for 200mtrs! I'd be well happy with that.

As for dogs on the range???? :shock:
The dogs were a nightmare because dogs usually have owners and I really did not need the owner running across the range, head down looking for his family pets.

As far as groups go it was fine but a bit odd, the good news is it was six shots with a powder spread of one grain with a good middle land being 60.5 grains. I must have a sweet shot somewhere inside it. The Hybrids were on a 15 thou jump and I certainly have some room for improvement so hopefully I can improve next week.
/d

Shed Journal