RANGE DAY

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Doz

Re: RANGE DAY

#11 Post by Doz »

Excellent stuff - go careful though!
Robin128

#12 Post by Robin128 »

Alpha1 wrote:Went to the range to day first one since having surgery on my eyes.
I did not shoot but I took the oportunity to look through a couple scopes and looked down the sights of a black powder revolver and some millitary iron sighted rifles.
Since my op my dominant eye has changed my left eye is now my dominant eye my right eye is no good for shooting at the moment even with a scope.
Being right handed it is weird on shouldering the rifle I automatically close the left eye and can see nothing but a blair.
Trying to close the right eye and get the head in a position to see the sights with the left did not work. My eyes are also extremely sensetive to light.
Cant shoot left handed so I gues I have a bit of a problem.
Oh bugger.
It was good to see the guys again though and have a good gossip the topic for the day was the NRA some very interesting comments. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've taken the hardest steps...good to see you back.

I got my optician to make me large Raybans with grey filter, not green and adjusted for infinity focus...shot for years with these...everyone still rips the p*** when I leave them on to come in doors...bo...cks to them! They work for me...and thru scopes.

:)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#13 Post by dromia »

I'm pleased to see you are improving Dave and sounding better in yourself. :D

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
johngarnett
Home club or Range: Cornwall RC @ Millpool; Duchy Shooting Assn @ Zelah

#14 Post by johngarnett »

Alpha1
As a ex-member of the optical profession, retired, not barred! may I suggest that whatever you do, you wear safety specs when shooting, DIY etc.
Someone has put in a lot of work in sorting you. The last thing you should do is to put that work at risk. You only get two eyes!! I've seen the end results of masonary, dust and swarf!
Just keep 'playing' your brain should adapt.
I wish you good shooting
JohnG
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

I dont go any were with out safety specs I am paranoid about eye protection now I have two dark pair and a locker full of clear ones at work.
Fotunatelly I am responsible for ordering all the safety equipment at work I have enough safety glasses in stock to equip a small army. :lol: :lol:
But you are right they have put a lot of work into my mince pies and I am gratefull next check up and eye test in two weeks. Its times like these makes you realise how precious your sight/health is.