Bisley Saturday 19th

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Bisley Saturday 19th

#1 Post by 20series »

Well since it was my birthday and Mrs 20series was working all day she suggested as my pressie I should go to Bisley as I hadn't been for 2 1/2 years shakeshout shakeshout shakeshout (I love my wifes thinking :good: :good: )

So I pinged an email around some of the Oundle mob and got a collection of assorted misfits for a day on Holy ground.

I used the new online booking service with the NRA which was fairly straight forward and booked F-class faces at 600 AM and 900 PM. We have a contact for a marker so booked that privately rather than running the risk of a numpty spoiling our day who was very efficient.

We were blessed with fantastic weather all day, very little wind but enough to change POI by a few minutes especially with the bloody awful mirage which brewed up because of the sodden ground and the warm sunshine we had.

I took my "triggers broom" Remmy 308, My 284 F-Class and my 303 :good:

We had a great day, lots of banter and thoroughly enjoyed my return to hallowed ground. Hopefully the link below will take you to my drop box with some pictures that one of the lads took.

Alan

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qlrm77j2sz5k ... kCwTa?dl=0
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: Bisley Saturday 19th

#2 Post by TattooedGun »

Nice, great photos too.

Nice work on having a dedicated marker too... sounds like it'd be a lifesaver at bisley. we've had some very questionable ones in the past.

Need to get out more and shoot some long range stuff.