FAC Questions

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: FAC Questions

#141 Post by GeeRam »

Had my FEO home visit today, so about 5 weeks after form sent in.

Was told it could be up to 3-4 weeks before getting certificate, due to current workload.
Billett

#142 Post by Billett »

Lucky! I wait 29 weeks for my visit then a further 5 weeks after before the cert arrived. The pitfalls of living in Essex
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#143 Post by GeeRam »

FAC dropped through the post today.....6 weeks from posting application to receiving FAC.

cheers and :good: to Met.Pol

The fun of converting cash into bang-sticks begins shakeshout
AJSawyer
Home club or Range: SNRPC, NRA Bisley

#144 Post by AJSawyer »

I will soon be in a position to apply for my FAC, and I'm just wondering if realistically there is going to be a limit to the amount of slots I can request on my first application?

I'll be doing my shooting at Bisley, so I've pretty much got access to all types of ranges down there, and will have a Shooter Certification Card covering the types of firearms I'd like to have slots for.

Safe space is not an issue, as I have ample room for anything I might want.

*also, MET police area.
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#145 Post by daman »

In theory you should be able to ask for as many as you can show "good reason" for having.

In practice, when I applied to the Met I was told that they "don't like" giving more than four rifles on a first application. I didn't push to get any more at that time.

I changed my application during the visit, so it's worth talking to the FEO to see what they're happy with.

Good Luck!
AJSawyer

#146 Post by AJSawyer »

Thanks for the answer, so I imagine it's probably worth trying for the 6 I want, and then I can always lose 2 when the FEO visits if need be.

My only other query is regarding calibre.

I'm aware I can put 7.62/.308, but does this only permit 7.62x51/.308, or would this also cover 7.62x39 and 7.62x54?

Ta,

Adam
Rockhopper

#147 Post by Rockhopper »

In my opinion (having spoken to a couple of RFD's) 7.62/.308 will only get you 7.62x51
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

#148 Post by Pinguino »

AJ

If you can show 'good reason' then there is actually no limit (baring safe storage) - If you have a SSC for numerous disciplines you can apply for more than one firearm under each category. Providing evidence of intended use within different competitions and different classes within the same competion is perfectly acceptable.
Morph
Home club or Range: WRPC

#149 Post by Morph »

AJSawyer wrote:I will soon be in a position to apply for my FAC, and I'm just wondering if realistically there is going to be a limit to the amount of slots I can request on my first application?

I'll be doing my shooting at Bisley, so I've pretty much got access to all types of ranges down there, and will have a Shooter Certification Card covering the types of firearms I'd like to have slots for.

Safe space is not an issue, as I have ample room for anything I might want.

*also, MET police area.
I got every caliber I asked for on my initial grant.....12 slots including 3 moderators ;) (West Mids Firearms Licencing as was)

Now up to 26 :D & 6 safes wtf , now seriously considering the logistics of turning my cellar into a secure gun room :good:
I am quite certain that the argument you've already won in your head was entirely more satisfying to you than the one that is actually occurring.

Member of WR&PC,BASC & UBC
AJSawyer

#150 Post by AJSawyer »

I got every caliber I asked for on my initial grant.....12 slots including 3 moderators ;) (West Mids Firearms Licencing as was)

Now up to 26 :D & 6 safes wtf , now seriously considering the logistics of turning my cellar into a secure gun room :good:
This will be me in 4 years, and I shall be very very poor and very very single! Haha.

Thanks for the responses :-)