Bisley 23-6-11

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

Re: Bisley 23-6-11

#11 Post by bobbob »

dromia wrote:Thats the problem with photographing shooters on the range, all you get is a row of a***s peering at you.
Bisley Bike Park. :)
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Mr_Logic

#12 Post by Mr_Logic »

Peering past the arse-based foreground to the flags, reminds me of the weekend. Little 223 at 1100 in that was a challenge! Didn't help that I was guesstimating muzzle velocity as that load hadn't been over the chrono, but got on target (big TR sadly, though tbh likely a help this time!) in the end.

All good fun, but 34 MOA drop and 12 of left wind was more than I've done before...
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mr_Logic wrote:Peering past the arse-based foreground to the flags, reminds me of the weekend. Little 223 at 1100 in that was a challenge! Didn't help that I was guesstimating muzzle velocity as that load hadn't been over the chrono, but got on target (big TR sadly, though tbh likely a help this time!) in the end.

All good fun, but 34 MOA drop and 12 of left wind was more than I've done before...
.223 at 1100 must be a real challenge, did you establish MV based on the drops and what weight bullet were you shooting? We finished just at the right time, the sounder went off and it suddenly chucked it down with rain turning to hail for a few seconds.

Good old Bisley never fails to surprise..
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mr_Logic

#14 Post by Mr_Logic »

I used the same load as I had previously used at 1000, and yes based my MV on drop previously found. I was about 2 MOA high initially, so getting sand strikes but no bullet holes. down a bit and all reasonably well.

i was using the 90 Berger VLD at 2750-odd fps. the only problem I have is accuracy with that load. shooting later at 600, get large vertical spread and poor group. yhe same range immediately after but with 80 amax shot much tighter, just windage spread to worry about.