Mini GT4

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Gazza

Mini GT4

#1 Post by Gazza »

If you are into Mini's and like a bit of fabrication then this group of vids are for you.
The fabrication these blokes do to make it all fit is amazing :good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODj ... nq&index=1
glevum
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club

Re: Mini GT4

#2 Post by glevum »

knewmans

#3 Post by knewmans »

Just sold a track day mini that belonged to a friend who spent many years developing it. Unfortunately he died before he could use it in anger. Nothing like any mini I've ever driven.

DOHC 16 valve 1440cc fuel injected 157BHP at the wheels.

Luckily its gone to an old friend of his who is determined to get it out on the track.
Gazza

#4 Post by Gazza »

I used to race Minis many years ago and would really like to get the eldest lad into it but the cost of an old Mini to prepare or one already prepared is mental.
I wish I had filled a compound with old banger minis as I'd be worth a fortune now! 8-)
Right, I'm off to look at some Mini racing on you tube :good:
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#5 Post by HALODIN »

You've just taken up my entire Saturday evening, but it was well worth it. Thoroughly enjoyed that, I liked all the videos and I've subscribed. God knows how he's kept his enthusiasm for 2.5 years...
Chuck

#6 Post by Chuck »

ttiuwp 1 ttiuwp ttiuwp ttiuwp
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Gazza

#7 Post by Gazza »

HALODIN wrote:You've just taken up my entire Saturday evening, but it was well worth it. Thoroughly enjoyed that, I liked all the videos and I've subscribed. God knows how he's kept his enthusiasm for 2.5 years...
I think their motivagtion comes from the hassle they get from people all over the world to bring another video out as soon as they put a new one up!
They dare not finish it now :D I bet they have had some serious offers for it too.

I really take my hat off to people with that level of commitment, skill and ingenuity :)
HALODIN

#8 Post by HALODIN »

Yeh probably, because a project that takes years needs some serious dedication... His fabrication work is fascinating, he's only really used the original roof, engine, gearbox and axles, everything else is brand new and made by him. Good job!

All I could think as he was building it was, it's getting heavier and heavier and heavier... It wouldn't surprise me if he's added 50% more to the chassis weight, he's very slapdash with his 2mm steel. Having said that, his detachable remote control front end is quite cool and probably worth the extra weight!
Gazza wrote:I think their motivagtion comes from the hassle they get from people all over the world to bring another video out as soon as they put a new one up!
They dare not finish it now :D I bet they have had some serious offers for it too.

I really take my hat off to people with that level of commitment, skill and ingenuity :)
Gazza

#9 Post by Gazza »

Yes, he does over do it a bit with the thick stuff but at the end of the day I bet it still wont weigh as much as a Celica and will have 200+ hp to pull it.
One thing I cant get over is there is no bodging, even an acceptable professional bodge wtf is nowhere to be seen.

Theres a teaser for episode 14 on Youtube and it looks like its nearly done. :good:
HALODIN

#10 Post by HALODIN »

He obviously knows what he's doing, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Yeh I watched it last night and put an entry in my diary for 25th. :good:
Gazza wrote:Yes, he does over do it a bit with the thick stuff but at the end of the day I bet it still wont weigh as much as a Celica and will have 200+ hp to pull it.
One thing I cant get over is there is no bodging, even an acceptable professional bodge wtf is nowhere to be seen.

Theres a teaser for episode 14 on Youtube and it looks like its nearly done. :good: