What is your favourite outdoor knife?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
User702
Home club or Range: BRPC

Re: What is your favourite outdoor knife?

#11 Post by User702 »

Well, funny you should bring this topic up... I'd recently decided to buy a new knife specifically for camping and outdoors, meaning that my SOG Seal Pup can stay on my webbing. I wanted something less scary as well, with a full tang and some nice wood.

Looking around, something like a Mora would have been the cheapest option, but I found the Casstrom No. 10 Forest Knife when I was seeing what else was out there and decided to get one with the high carbon k720 blade and curly birch scales.

It turned up on Monday and is lovely. The blade is a very sharp scandi ground 10cm long and the handle fits my hand very well.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#12 Post by Sim G »

We have an excellent knife maker actually on this forum. A founding member of the Knife Makers Association. I've seen a couple of pieces of his work and I thought they were excellent if not to my taste.

I used a custom fixed blade by Joel Bolden for years and carried Spyderco folders for just about everything. Spyderco or Benchmade folders and a Benchmade fixed blade for me now. Always fancied a BRKT Bravo 1....

And as Dave mentioned Chris Reeve hollow handled, I had an Aviator for a few years. Fantastic kit.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#13 Post by Dellboy »

pray tell whom
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Robert303
Home club or Range: Vintage Arms Scotland. Full voting HBSA member

#14 Post by Robert303 »

An old RN clasp knife with screwdriver tip on the handle and marlin spike.
Graham M

#15 Post by Graham M »

The blade is D2 steel and the scales are Lignum Vitae that I bought off fleabay .

It holds an absolutely fantastic edge and the scales are virtually bomb-proof. ;)

G
Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.