First FAC Application

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: First FAC Application

#11 Post by Blackstuff »

ordnance wrote:It must work differently here, you apply for the firearm you want and each time you want another firearm you do a variation.
But surely on your initial grant you can ask for more than one gun??
DVC
ordnance

#12 Post by ordnance »

Blackstuff wrote:
ordnance wrote:It must work differently here, you apply for the firearm you want and each time you want another firearm you do a variation.
You can ask for and buy more than one gun, and each will be looked at individually but only the firearms you have a deposit on or bought. There is no wish list on what you would like, or slots like there seems to be in the rest of the UK.
pbrazendale
Home club or Range: MRPC

#13 Post by pbrazendale »

Thanks guys for all the replies I'll tweak the ammo as people ha e mentioned, Bradaz11 not sure if I can shoot .32acp I'll ask at the weekend.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
Blackstuff

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

ordnance wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:
You can ask for and buy more than one gun, and each will be looked at individually but only the firearms you have a deposit on or bought. There is no wish list on what you would like, or slots like there seems to be in the rest of the UK.
Sounds like a right faff on :bad: What happens if you order a gun that the RFD has to get in, pay for it and then the variation is refused?? A bit of a chew for the cert holder, but the dealer will be left with a gun they potentially can't shift kukkuk You gotta love UK firearms law!
DVC
ordnance

#15 Post by ordnance »

True but on the plus side, no letter from the doctor needed and you can do a one on one off at the shop for the same type and caliber.
A ‘one-on/one-off’ transaction is when a firearms certificate (FAC) holder and a dealer exchange an identical firearm in calibre and type (except gunshot gauge).Conditions.
Handguns will require ballistic testing. You should contact your local firearms enquiry officer after the exchange.
pbrazendale

#16 Post by pbrazendale »

Another question on the FAC form, if I also want an SGC or S1 Shotgun can i put down that I would like to attend clay shoots, would that suffice? I would like to take part in clay days however we cannot shoot shotguns at my club. It would be good to get some clarity on this before I send off the application. Thanks in advance.

Rockhopper

#17 Post by Rockhopper »

You don't need a reason to have a shotgun certificate but saying clay shooting keeps them happy.
Blackstuff

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

You don't need a 'good reason' to apply for a shotgun certificate in law but I've seen several HO and FELWG publications that indicate the powers that be don't agree with that 8-) However, simply saying you want to go clay pigeon shooting will suffice.

It's an entirely different ball game for an FAC shotgun as you do need a 'good reason' and clay pigeons does not satisfy that (the polices reasoning is that you do not NEED a high capacity shotgun to take part, which in fairness is true). The generally accepted good reason for an S1 shotgun is practical shotgun type shooting or serious pest control. If you can provide one of those good reasons you can also get a condition added to your FAC to permit its use for clay pigeons but you couldn't rely on just that to get authority in the first place, if that makes sense.
DVC
pbrazendale

#19 Post by pbrazendale »

Thanks this makes sense, to clarify I could get a Benelli M2 2+1 semi auto on an SGC? If so that's what I fancy I don't need a Sec 1 shotgun, in the future if I do decide to take up PSG I take it I could do a variation for a Sec 1 and expand the magazine in the Benelli?

Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

#20 Post by Kungfugerbil »

^ yep, exactly.