New to centrefire

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Carman06
Home club or Range: North cotes butts

New to centrefire

#1 Post by Carman06 »

Hi everyone,

I am new to full bore rifle ownership. I'm in the process of purchasing a Tikka t3x CTR in .308. This is my first centre fire which I'm hoping to use for some longer range say 600 yard target shooting. I could really do with some advice on a suitable scope for 25-600 yard range. At first my budget is very restricted( say <£200) so looking for something to just get me started. I will then upgrade later.

Thanks in advance for the help
Steve
BamBam

Re: New to centrefire

#2 Post by BamBam »

http://www.foxfirearmsuk.com/index.php/ ... binoculars

I think you'll need to call the shop for prices now, but they're within budget, the 4-16x50 probably ideal for your needs.
The Gun Pimp

#3 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Agree with BamBam - though you may as well go for the 8-32 scope from Fox Firearms - current price is £125
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by 1066 »

I have a couple of the cheap scopes from Brian Fox - they will certainly get you started for a very reasonable price but I think you might be struggling to get the focus down to 25 yards. If it's important then check that they will.

If not, have a look at the Hawke range of scopes.
http://www.hawkeoptics.co.uk/vantage-riflescopes.html
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#5 Post by kennyc »

there are some Falcon Menace scopes direct form Falcon Optics on the bay at the moment from £199 with FFP and a good ballistic drop reticle, I have one of the larger mags and it is extremely good with mil/mil adjustments/reticle and plenty of adjustment for 1000 yrds
The Gun Pimp

#6 Post by The Gun Pimp »

1066 wrote:I have a couple of the cheap scopes from Brian Fox - they will certainly get you started for a very reasonable price but I think you might be struggling to get the focus down to 25 yards. If it's important then check that they will.

If not, have a look at the Hawke range of scopes.
http://www.hawkeoptics.co.uk/vantage-riflescopes.html
The Fox 8-32 will focus to 20yds - probably less than that - but I'm currently using one on my rimfire at 20 yds.