Moderator: dromia

froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

Re: What did you get for Christmas?

#21 Post by froggy »

clapclap That MAS 45 is simply stunning !! :good:
Was it waiting for you in the UK ?
Whether in 5 or 10yrs time... remember me if you ever decide to part from it .... O:-)
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
poll007
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#22 Post by poll007 »

Got these in the office secret Santa.

Think its safe to say my colleagues know i like shooting!!
Christel
Site Admin

#23 Post by Christel »

WelshShooter wrote: My brother got me a Christmas turkey hat which I'm still wearing.
ttiuwp

lol
Christel
Site Admin

#24 Post by Christel »

poll007 wrote:
Got these in the office secret Santa.

Think its safe to say my colleagues know i like shooting!!
That mug is kewl and your colleagues are obviously a down to earth bunch goodjob
Christel
Site Admin

#25 Post by Christel »

mag41uk wrote:TBH I hate Christmas and have for many years.
Been sat around for several hours opening presents. 99% I don't need.
I am trying to get rid of stuff out my life and people keep giving me more.
Don't get me going on the waste........
Good items are a bottle of Spey side 12yo malt and an ice cube maker that produces 7.62 x 39 ice cubes!
Both from my daughter. She also got me a couple of nice outdoorsy Craghopper long sleeve T `s.
Grumpy? Full on !
I am with you on this, no Christmas as such in this house. No tree, no wrapped presents. No extra food shopping. No exchanging gifts apart from one, I have agreed that with my Danish family some years ago, the only one we do exchange gifts with is Ovenpaa's Mother.

We take three weeks off, spend the time on the workshop/projects, walk the dogs, go to the pub with friends (a lot), read some books. Talk to friends/family on Skype.
The lovely thing about this time of year is that the rest of the world slows down as well, everything is quiet, not many phone calls, less traffic.

We decided to buy an Amazon Echo and a new fridge/freezer (it will be an addition to the one we already have) I am forever running out of freezer space with the meat Ovenpaa is bringing home. Oh yes, we also got the Mannlicher home.

I know we can get away with this because we do not have any children who lives at home. I just resent the pile of presents that the kids unwrap and then after having played with the toy for about a nanosecond one asks them "who gave you that" and they haven't got a clue nor any interest in the toy.
Don't mention the food that is being slung - what a waste kukkuk
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#26 Post by bradaz11 »

Glad I'm not the only one without a tree
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#27 Post by phaedra1106 »

Well yet again I got stiffed (and not in a good way!), Ex wife never paid her half of the train fare for our daughter to come up from Canterbury over the holidays (£48 each).

And for the second year running she also stiffed our eldest, two younger ones (22 & 26) got £30 each, eldest (28) got an aerosol deodorant (2 for £1 in Poundshop), last year she gave him a smelly candle while the other two got the usual £30 each. The ex-Father in-law gave the youngest £40 each and once again the eldest got nothing at all.

They say you can't choose your family, well after this year they won't be "family" in this house, not if I have anything to do with it ****
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#28 Post by David Nimrod »

christel wrote: Don't mention the food that is being slung - what a waste kukkuk
That's my pet hate: the gluttony and waste.

Too many people are just so spoilt, and think that chucking food out is a privilege they've somehow earned.

Nothing could be further from the truth, of course.
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#29 Post by Maggot »

About 3lbs in weight..... aaarggh
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#30 Post by Alpha1 »

froggy wrote:clapclap That MAS 45 is simply stunning !! :good:
Was it waiting for you in the UK ?
Whether in 5 or 10yrs time... remember me if you ever decide to part from it .... O:-)
It was a gift from a very old friend. It is actually an original Mauser 45 not a MAS 45. The MAS 45 is a copy of the Mauser 45.
There were only 12000 of the Mauser 45 ever made before the tooling was moved to France and they started producing the MAS 45.
It looks unfired. This one is numbered 6000. It came totally out of the blue. I have lusted after one for years. The only one I have seen in the flesh is the MAS equivalent and in all my years shooting I have only ever seen one of them. I did not even have a slot for it.
I am not a fan of .22. I had to apply for a variation and my cert came back this morning. So I will be picking it up to morrow.
(Screw work)
Thank you Cleveland licencing they turned my certificate round in ten days over the Christmas holiday period pretty impressive.

I don't think this rifle is ever likely to be for sale in the next 5 or 10 years my friend.