Keeping them at my fathers house?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

Keeping them at my fathers house?

#1 Post by Pesty »

Couple of questions if I may.

Due to my fathers ill health I've been spending a lot of time staying at my fathers house. It has occurred to me that he has an awful lot of space that I don't.

1)Could I register to have the safe at his house. I could even dedicate a room to a reloading workshop :) he of course would not have access.

2) up until now I've been going straight to the range and straight back home. Guns in the car last and out first. I now have to go to my fathers this is a very large round trip just to drop the guns off especially as the range is near his house anyway.

So is there anything wrong with going from the range to his house sorting him out first and dropping them off home later or even staying over night with them there and taking them home the next day. This would sort a hell of a lot of hassle.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Keeping them at my fathers house?

#2 Post by saddler »

See similar threads on this. There are a good few.

Not a problem as long as the safe is securely fixed & you are the only one with access.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

As above and I was talking to someone only yesterday who is about to make very similar arrangements. The Police are invariably happy as long as you discuss it with them and everything is secure and away from prying eyes/fingers.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

#4 Post by Pesty »

Thanks guys. I'll contact them.