https://www.full-bore.co.uk/index.php

Moderator: dromia

Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Any Firefox users out there?

#1 Post by Pete »

Firefox just carried out an auto update on my Win 10 laptop, and now when I try to log in to FB, email, and almost everything else, a warning flags up telling me the site isn't secure, and the padlock symbol on the address bar had a line through it..........................it all still works if I ignore the warning.

Anyone else noticed this?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Ovenpaa

Re: Any Firefox users out there?

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have just updated to FF52.0 with Winders 10 with no apparent issues so far (Fingers crossed)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Les
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

My Win 10 driven laptop keeps "updating" itself too, and I've seen the crossed padlock a few times as well, but up to now I've just ignored it and hope it goes away. ;)
TomH
Home club or Range: ORPC

#4 Post by TomH »

Yep, I've been updated too and get it. The wonders of upgrades! Firefox seem to have tweaked it so that sometimes you get two firefox.exe running concurrently in Task Manager. Thought I'd got a virus or something, but no it's normal. Now I just need to work out why Youtube videos stop running at 23.18 in Firefox.
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by Pete »

Think I'll get an iMac...................

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by bobbob »

We are using Firefox with Windows 10 and have had the same issue for several weeks.
If we open Full-Bore in Edge it seems OK.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Gazza

#7 Post by Gazza »

I just updated FF and get the same thing. I can see this being part of Googles attempt to make the web fully traceable by making everyone get security certificates for their sites so as to stop all those naughty download sites from springing up. If the site is untraceable eg with no cert it will be flagged as insecure and in times to come will get black listed by Google and co I would think 8-)
Nice little earner now for security cert peddlers at 50 quid or so a year.
Some hosts are offering free certs now but I just tried to force https on this site and it was having none of it so might not exist on here or not set up.
Check your hosting for free https Christel, it will stop all this insecure panic messages! lol
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

I still do not have this issue however FF52,0 is giving me a little pop up regarding passwords when I login to sites. I have made the Viking aware of this and hopefully she will get some sense out of her hosting company.

fingerscrossed
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Chuck

#9 Post by Chuck »

Same here.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Gazza

#10 Post by Gazza »

As long as people on here know its bollox all will be business as usual. :good: Its just the newcomers that are of a panicky disposition might think their soul will be stolen lol