Trail Cameras

All things Hunting, Fishing, Wildlife and Conservation related.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
"The Dromia Rule"

Deer Stalking… reliable word of mouth recommendation from someone you know has undertaken such stalking being offered by a specific syndicate is best. Like other walks of life, stalking has its scammers. E.G., make sure there is deer, of the species sought, on the land being made available; that appropriate insurance is in place; that there is recourse for recompense if it all goes wrong. In addition, obtain and understand terms and conditions; consider the implications of allowing a syndicate leader to be a FAC mentor; make sure ‘coaches’ are suitably qualified; consider the quality of deer management, the construction & execution of a shooting plan and safety; determine if the land is over-shot.

If in doubt, contact BASC or similar.

http://www.basc.org.uk/

Anyone considered to be a scammer will be banned without warning.
DL.

Re: Trail Cameras

#21 Post by DL. »

Pic-
Maggot
Home club or Range: HRA and LERA

#22 Post by Maggot »

Blackstuff wrote:You don't even need proper nightvision to see the IR on trail-cams, most camcorders and phone cameras can see it too :bad:
Pretty well any camera can pick it up, forget NV. The lower end units can easily be seen with the naked eye. My wifey spotted one immediately.....It aint getting used.
DL.

#23 Post by DL. »

My Bushnell trail cam has let water in, yeah it was covered in snow for a couple of weeks, but not impressed given the price - Does anyone know of any trail cams that aren't made in china out of crappy plastics?
Tasr12

Trail Cameras

#24 Post by Tasr12 »

My Bushnell worked for 6 weeks and then failed as well. Sent it back to Uttings for a refund. Frustrating as it worked quite well prior. A lot of false triggers but also caught some good muntjac and roe which helped show their movements.

Sent from my iPad using "An application"
DL.

#25 Post by DL. »

When mine went on the blink I looked for update software (there wasn't any) and dug out the soldering iron and looked at the connections.

Went from getting dozens of pictures per couple of weeks to none.

I'll check it again soon, but I'm not holding much hope that its working.