Nudging people

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Nudging people

#1 Post by Christel »

Could we all be better at posting in the correct section...if one is asking something shotgun related then please post in the shotgun section.

Rimfire posts go in the rimfire section.

Etc etc...

If your post has gone it is because you posted it in the wrong section...
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Nudging people

#2 Post by Alpha1 »

Apparently there isn't a section for general questions if the moderators decide it does not fit they just delete it. With out letting you know why. But its not the first time I guess I should be used to it by now.My research into Gun drills is a fascinating subject followed up by gun barrel rifling but we will never know know now will we. I guess this post will be gone when I get up in the morning any way.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#3 Post by bradaz11 »

Alpha1 wrote:Apparently there isn't a section for general questions if the moderators decide it does not fit they just delete it. With out letting you know why. But its not the first time I guess I should be used to it by now.My research into Gun drills is a fascinating subject followed up by gun barrel rifling but we will never know know now will we. I guess this post will be gone when I get up in the morning any way.
teanews hmm whats next.
Oh yeah gun drills http://www.hammco.com/
what do you think shooting general discussion is?
https://full-bore.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=5
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Alpha1 - I did not see your thread on gun drills however I do use them and always source them from Hammonds, I have a 10,36mm on order right now for a new project :p
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

I haven't seen a gun drill/rifling thread either, there was one of yours on long boring, it truly was, it is in GoM as it was non shooting related content something to do with your work as I recall..

As has been said shooting general discussion would be the place to discuss barrel making/rifling not here so that part of your post has been removed.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

dromia wrote:I haven't seen a gun drill/rifling thread either, there was one of yours on long boring, it truly was, it is in GoM as it was non shooting related content something to do with your work as I recall..

As has been said shooting general discussion would be the place to discuss barrel making/rifling not here so that part of your post has been removed.
I dont have access to grumpy old men. So why is it in there. Long boring is gun drilling. My work. I work for my self now a days. It pays better.
Ovenpaa wrote:Alpha1 - I did not see your thread on gun drills however I do use them and always source them from Hammonds, I have a 10,36mm on order right now for a new project :p
My question was actually aimed at you specifically ovenpaa it was a request for information on gun drills may be I did not explain my self very well. I'm looking to invest in some of Hammonds equipment.

I will visit your blog and ask the question again. The moderator here obviously has a issue with my post.

Having said that I don't expect this post to be here to morrow either but there you go what the heck.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

Alpha1 wrote:
dromia wrote:I haven't seen a gun drill/rifling thread either, there was one of yours on long boring, it truly was, it is in GoM as it was non shooting related content something to do with your work as I recall..

I dont have access to grumpy old men. So why is it in there. Long boring is gun drilling. My work. I work for my self now a days. It pays better.
if it isn't gun related, then GOM is the only forum section you can post it in

if you only wanted to ask ovenpaa a question, why don't you just PM him? or even add onto your previous post you addressed to him?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#8 Post by dromia »

Obviously your thread didn't appear as gun related as even although ovenpaa responded to your long boring post he did not recall it to be gun related, I am pretty certain long boring/gun drilling is used for other purposes than just gun making and nowhere in your post was there a reference to what you wanted to do being gun related.

Just because it is called gun drilling does not make your questions shooting related, in fact in your original post you do not even refer to "gun" drilling.

Even in your recent post here there is still no clarity about the shooting application that you want to apply gun drilling to, your request is about tools that may or may not be shooting related, as there was no clarity in the purpose it was treated as a non shooting related post which goes in Grumpy Old Men, access or other wise to the non shooting forum is your choice, if you don't go there then don't make non shooting related posts in the shooting forum.

You must make your posts clearer and not assume that people know your circumstances if you wish them to be seen as you intend.

I am sure that most of us were not aware that you had stopped being a wage slave and gone self employed into the gun smithing business. Personally I would have thought that if you had made gun drilling your business you would know all about it first, offering to do something for money which you obviously know little about is not a sound business plan to my eyes and not going to solicit any confidence from prospective customers.

But then it is the 21st Century and the old values I live by no longer apply.

As has been pointed out the best way around your current self imposed dilemma would be to use the PM system.

You may enjoy creating these "storms in a teacup" but I can assure you it only comes over as wilfully tedious at best.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1

#9 Post by Alpha1 »

I am not in the gun smithing buisness I have no desire to Become an RFD (registeed firearms dealer) I dont do gunsmithing and I dont do machining for a living there is not enough money in it. I work in the Chemical Industry. Currently in research. I take on board your comments.
As for access to grumpy old men NO THANK YOU. I think we are done here as you say a storm in a teacup.

I found all the information I need on Hammonds web site.