Kriss Defiance .22

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

Re: Kriss Defiance .22

#31 Post by Daryll »

It looks "kool".. lol

The Vector is a revolutionary design, but of course that doesn't mean a .22 version would work the same.

The 9mm and .45 SMG and S/A rifle get good reviews.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#32 Post by bradaz11 »

well it is a marvel of engineering and a fairly unique design

it's delayed blowback with an inertia block that slides down, rather than back. it also has the shooters hand and shoulder in line with the barrel. so that all helps to keep it pointed at target and reduces recoil, or rather uses recoil to keep the gun down, like an internal muzzle brake
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#33 Post by Zilberbak »

A .22LR Vector would mean yet another rim fire to the collection l was hoping that after the VZ61 that would be the last, where am l go to put them all. I was disappointed when l heard the Defiance was an AR pattern rifle as the rumours of a .22 Vector have been around for a couple of years and even propagated by Kriss themselves. Not wishing to sound like a teenager but a .22 UK compliant semi-auto Vector would be AWSOME! Mike Yardley will have kittens!
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#34 Post by Nelly2014 »

I never understand why people are so willing to jump on the 'superior to M&P 15-22' band wagon.
Other makes such as Berreta and Sig don't get constantly derided.
The Smith is arguably the best purpose built mini-rifle and consistently wins competitions. It is not built to fire anything else but .22lr and is a one trick pony and performs that trick reliably and generally faultlessly.
Where I shoot mini-rifle comps (the majority have Lantac/Bradley/CMMG) I constantly see people having issues such as light strikes, broken firing pins and general FTF's and some of these set-ups have cost upwards of £1500-2000 when decent scope, mags, trigger groups, barrel shortening etc are added.
My set-up owes me less than a grand and includes Eotech 553 and VMX-3T magnifier, 13" barrel mod and magpul stock. It's made of polymer and is light, so what? when all the accessories are fitted it is still light.
In the US one can buy a M&P15 in .223/5.56 https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-sport-ii
which could presumably be fitted with a .22lr conversion if one chose to do so. I would like to see these being imported.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#35 Post by Daryll »

Nelly2014 wrote: In the US one can buy a M&P15 in .223/5.56 https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-sport-ii
which could presumably be fitted with a .22lr conversion if one chose to do so. I would like to see these being imported.
Yes, but they will never be imported as they're semi auto and therefore Section 5... even if the gas parts were welded up, they'd still be Sec 5

The .223 is a lovely gun, used one a couple of times, but you won't see them over here.
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#36 Post by Nelly2014 »

Daryll wrote:
Nelly2014 wrote: In the US one can buy a M&P15 in .223/5.56 https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-sport-ii
Yes, but they will never be imported as they're semi auto and therefore Section 5... even if the gas parts were welded up, they'd still be Sec 5

The .223 is a lovely gun, used one a couple of times, but you won't see them over here.
Yes, forgot about that little twist.
Just another reminder that we live in an embarrassing joke of a country.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#37 Post by Blackstuff »

Nelly2014 wrote:I never understand why people are so willing to jump on the 'superior to M&P 15-22' band wagon.
The Smith is arguably the best purpose built mini-rifle and consistently wins competitions. It is not built to fire anything else but .22lr and is a one trick pony and performs that trick reliably and generally faultlessly.
Where I shoot mini-rifle comps (the majority have Lantac/Bradley/CMMG) I constantly see people having issues such as light strikes, broken firing pins and general FTF's and some of these set-ups have cost upwards of £1500-2000 when decent scope, mags, trigger groups, barrel shortening etc are added.
My set-up owes me less than a grand and includes Eotech 553 and VMX-3T magnifier, 13" barrel mod and magpul stock. It's made of polymer and is light, so what? when all the accessories are fitted it is still light.
In the US one can buy a M&P15 in .223/5.56 https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-sport-ii
The King always gets the most criticism green55
DVC
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#38 Post by Dellboy »

Nelly2014 wrote:I never understand why people are so willing to jump on the 'superior to M&P 15-22' band wagon.

Well its horses for courses I shot as may of that style of rifle as possible before making the decision to buy what i bought and was comfortable with i think its good that variety is out there

Bit like the Ruger precision it does the job but some people dont like them or arent comfortable with them ..
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#39 Post by Zilberbak »

Careful with this thread you will wake the Gods ;)

I have a Sig 522, Ruger SR22 (albeit now in a Magpul stock) and a Lantac Raven but use the Sig522 for mini-rifle as it is relatively light and usually reliable.

Funnily enough when I was on a club committee and pushed for a semi-auto "black rifle" that took two votes to get in even though it passed with the first vote I chose the S&W because it would suit everyone especially young shooters because of its relative lightness and it's apparent reliability (although didn't early ones have an extractor issue?).

I think we are now relatively lucky that we have such a widening choice of "tactical" style rifles to choose from and that manufacturers are recognising that looks alone do not suffice but reliability is essential especially for mini-rifle.

Still want a .22 Kriss Vector though!!!!!!!!!!!
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
rhysatkins
Home club or Range: LMRA

#40 Post by rhysatkins »

So I bought one. I haven’t had chance to take it to the range yet but the think that really has impressed me the build quality and weight of the rifle. I don’t have any experience with mini rifles but will report more.
Attachments
8B2992A9-2ACC-48B9-9EB9-F566E3FA59E3.jpeg