Trigger upgrade

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

PaulCat
Home club or Range: None

Trigger upgrade

#1 Post by PaulCat »

Morning all.

When I bought my .22LR CZ 452 I was told that the trigger had been upgraded. It still felt heavy and a bit graunchy to me but it’s my first rimfire and I am used to a PCP air rifle on which I have set the trigger to absolute minimum.

Now I’ve bought a .17 HMR CZ 455 which, I am told, also has an upgraded trigger. The difference between the two is significant though which serves to remind me that there as with all things quality differs.

I’ve no idea what upgrade, if any, the 452 has but there’s room for improvement. Can anyone recommend a trigger kit?
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

Re: Trigger upgrade

#2 Post by strangesam »

I think RimfireMagic do something, haven't used it though.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#3 Post by safetyfirst »

Rimfire magic for a great trigger.

If you’re handy though and think you can do a safe job:

http://www.airgunspares.com/store/produ ... igger-Kit/

There are quite a few kits out there like this.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#4 Post by Les »

As already stated, Rimfire Magic do a kit for the CZ 452/455 rifles. If you don't mind waiting for a week or so, Yodave also produce a very good kit.
https://www.yodaveproducts.com/

Whichever kit you decide on, the trigger can be greatly improved for not a lot of money. Polishing the trigger-sear mating surfaces will also improve the trigger.
PaulCat
Home club or Range: None

#5 Post by PaulCat »

Thanks. That’s several votes for Rimfire Magic plus a couple of other options including DIY. I suppose I should really have a look and see what’s fitted first.