The end of English shooting YouTube channel

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Hunter87

The end of English shooting YouTube channel

#1 Post by Hunter87 »

Very interesting video! What do you guys think?

https://youtu.be/Tr3Ze0qt33s
BamBam

Re: The end of English shooting YouTube channel

#2 Post by BamBam »

Who?
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#3 Post by Dark Skies »

Without the 'offending' videos it's impossible to voice an opinion.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
daman
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#4 Post by daman »

Don't know what he did to lose his ticket, but always thought he came across as a reasonable good ambassador for the sport.
Not many young people doing the social media in our favour so (without knowing the details) I'd count it as a loss to getting people into the sport.
JammyGuns

#5 Post by JammyGuns »

The videos are long gone but his facebook comment feed goes into a little more detail. People are stating there that it had something to do with his vid calling out the handgun and self loading centrefire ban as basically nonsense (which IF true is deeply concerning imo). The other (and this one IS confirmed by Callum himself) was to do with a vid he did on defence following the Paris attack.
Dark Skies

#6 Post by Dark Skies »

JammyGuns wrote:The videos are long gone but his facebook comment feed goes into a little more detail. People are stating there that it had something to do with his vid calling out the handgun and self loading centrefire ban as basically nonsense (which IF true is deeply concerning imo). The other (and this one IS confirmed by Callum himself) was to do with a vid he did on defence following the Paris attack.
Presumably he doesn't agree with the official Run, Hide, Tell Some One and "try and make yourself as small as possible" narrative then?
JammyGuns

#7 Post by JammyGuns »

I barely remember it tbh, it was ages ago, and of course I don't want to risk misrepresenting his stance. I will say otherwise from my pov that I can't ever remember reading anything from him that I would deem anywhere near the boundaries of extreme. He's always come across, as daman put it, a good ambassador for sport imo; that is to say level headed, reasonable, trying to get people involved and promote shooting in a positive light etc. Tbh this situation has me sweating a little over every post Iv'e ever written now - if it is indeed true the one of the qualifiers of "extreme" is disagreeing with the handgun ban. That's something Iv'e expressed quite a few times from a sporting pov...
Dark Skies

#8 Post by Dark Skies »

JammyGuns wrote:....
Tbh this situation has me sweating a little over every post Iv'e ever written now - if it is indeed true the one of the qualifiers of "extreme" is disagreeing with the handgun ban. That's something Iv'e expressed quite a few times from a sporting pov...
Dreadful isn't it, that we are now at a stage in this country that we fear voicing an opinion may initiate a visit from the police.

It's not just shooting sports either. Writing to your own MP and complaining now has repercussions for little old ladies.
The MP may have or may not have reported her to the police. However, the striking thing about this story is that ordinary citizens have read so many stories of Politically Correct Plod over-reacting that they are now terrified of them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... email.html
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#9 Post by breacher »

I was laughed at HERE not so long ago when I pointed out to a few members that certain words, phrases and attitudes being posted here would risk losing them their FAC.

The "ragheads" conversation springs to mind. As does the member who quite openly stated he would shoot anybody who abused his pet dog. Yet, at the time I was the bad guy for challenging - I was a liberal snowflake who WANTS to be offended !

FEOs have been looking at social media for a while already - I would be absolutely AMAZED if none of them have registered on here for a look around !
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Dark Skies

#10 Post by Dark Skies »

I'm sure I didn't pooh pooh your words.