Rifle for JonC???

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Rifle for JonC???

#1 Post by Mike357 »

Saw this advertised elsewhere and thought it would make a good starter rifle for JonC. What does everybody else think?
FTR Target Rifle .308

For Sale Remington 40 XB BR Rifle with Tru-flite 32" fluted barrel in .308

The rifle is from the Custom Shop at Remington but with the addition of the longer barrel to accomodate shooting at 1000yds. This rifle is extremley accurate and was used by myself in the 2009 FTR European championship at Bisley. This is a 0.5 moa rifle at 100 yds any day of the week.

The 40X is the finest action made by Remington and is the one used by the USMC in their M40 sniper rifle. The rifle is single shot and is mated to the original McMillan BR stock.

This would be an ideal starter rifle for somebody interested in FTR.

Photos are available upon request.

I'm looking for £450 plus RFD transfer / P&P

Please do not hestitate in contacting me should you require any additional information or further clarification. The rifle is also advertised elsewhere.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
JonC

Re: Rifle for JonC???

#2 Post by JonC »

Thanks for the post and message.

As a heads up for others out there. I am just putting in for my first FB rifle, have been shooting with a Bisley based club for a couple of years, but using club rifles and those of very kind club members. We dont shoot to a specific class, although I am interested in giving FTR a go at some point.