Armtac RS-1 Shotgun.....it's a Saiga!!!

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

gasman
Home club or Range: worcester norton

Re: Armtac RS-1 Shotgun.....it's a Saiga!!!

#81 Post by gasman »

just heard back from a guy who attended the IPSC World shoot 2018 in France (shotgun), he took an Armsan RS S1 that had only previously shot 20 rounds. it did the whole 30 stages over the week without a glich, so proving to be reliable as well as affordable :)
Nelly2014
Home club or Range: WNSC, UKPSA, SDC, MYOB

#82 Post by Nelly2014 »

So, how's everyone's (?) RS-1 performing these days? Mine goes great now but seems to prefer heavy loads, at least 29grm. I've got a weaver mount undergrip which makes it easier to heave that long barrel around. Big fat charging handle mod which is a great improvement over the AK stylee. I find the Eotech 1moa/65moa suits the shooting style. I've also done a mod to the silly and painful hold-open button which makes it easier to use.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#83 Post by Blackstuff »

The lad i shoot with who has one is going great. He's modded the safety selector, added an enlarged cocking handle, modded the mag and bolt release and just recently added a long handguard which makes it look A-mazing! I think he's got a flared mag well for it too but has been having some trouble fitting it as apparently the RS1 has a lip around the magwell that the gun it was designed for doesn't?
DVC
Batesy
Home club or Range: Phoenix

#84 Post by Batesy »

Hi All,

Just joined FB UK due to posts on the RS-S1 which I’ve been using since February for practical shooting and it’s flawless no issues great with all different loads, I’ve made some changes to mine which have improved the feel and look.
Chaos Vepr 12 M-LOK Rail-V12L Apollo replaces gas tube cover and lower grip (it does require cutting the front gas tube cover mount level) a few grinds and cuts here and there but greatly improves Gun for adding grip options etc, also the Hogue AR15 pistol grip which needs slight modification for bolt release.
I’ve just ordered the RAM Vepr-12/Saigon-12 Ambi Extended magazine release from 4Range.com all in cost including postage $64.99 will probably need some adjustments but it seems a good option as standard release is awkward.
The only thing as stated by others if your going to use the iron sights my front sight was way out so I removed it but I use a Red Dot anyway so have a good look from the front of the barrel back to check alignment.
shellshokt
Home club or Range: KFC and TR&PC

#85 Post by shellshokt »

Batesy, Read your post with interest. I have just acquired an RS-S1 and will be looking to change the front end in the near future. Any chance of a few pictures of the chaos M lok you have fitted and what exactly needs to be grinded? where you bought it etc
Thanks
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken
shellshokt

#86 Post by shellshokt »

I made up these for the RS-S1 mags. I had a similar set up for my UTAS and it worked well.
IMG_20180814_142947_DRO.jpg
IMG_20180814_143128_DRO.jpg
IMG_20180814_143140_DRO.jpg
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken
Batesy

#87 Post by Batesy »

shellshokt wrote:Batesy, Read your post with interest. I have just acquired an RS-S1 and will be looking to change the front end in the near future. Any chance of a few pictures of the chaos M lok you have fitted and what exactly needs to be grinded? where you bought it etc
Thanks
Sorry for the delay I’ve had to put my Keymod rail back on as I’ve lent my M-Lok rail to a friend and that one also has the standard length B5 grip stop, but to show what is required I’ve circled areas that need light modifications, I also stated AR Hogue pistol grip on previous post but I did mean AK.
2518193E-87B3-4CC4-937D-0757A0DD8F24.jpeg
Attachments
5F06151D-4257-45A4-A379-A589A90254ED.jpeg
22A61158-A0AC-4A8F-A834-2E14DBD3AB5B.jpeg
Batesy

#88 Post by Batesy »

Something that may be of interest to some of you I’m using skate board tape on mags to allow better grip, see images.
Attachments
4A456A8E-9DFB-4838-B954-410200CDF352.jpeg
97F7857E-E15B-45E3-B767-E33854B19C2C.jpeg
4DB3002E-B54A-43D0-AC2A-06AFE4B3EAE1.jpeg
shellshokt

#89 Post by shellshokt »

Thanks for the pictures Batesy, I've ordered the chaos rail. Was it you that left the feedback on the chaos site reference the rail fitting with a bit of modification?
What make are the pouches and ranger pulls, and where did you get them?

Regards
Steve
H.L.Mencken
shellshokt

#90 Post by shellshokt »

Looks like you ground off the front sight as well, is this necessary or did you do it to clean up the profile?
H.L.Mencken